House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
FrozenOut

Gm Tv Ramps Up Property

But I let them know!

Congratulations on running your biased section on the property market, in two breaths your "Expert" talks of smug home owners who's property is going up in value and in the next a patronising face tells us about the poor first time buyers who are now at the hefty age of 34.

Every story should have a balanced opinion, and today GM.TV basically told the country to get out there and buy property because there is going to be no crash in prices - highly irresponsible!

If you are going to present an argument, then have the decency to get two opinions on the sofa.

Regards

FrozenOut

But I let them know!

Congratulations on running your biased section on the property market, in two breaths your "Expert" talks of smug home owners who's property is going up in value and in the next a patronising face tells us about the poor first time buyers who are now at the hefty age of 34.

Every story should have a balanced opinion, and today GM.TV basically told the country to get out there and buy property because there is going to be no crash in prices - highly irresponsible!

If you are going to present an argument, then have the decency to get two opinions on the sofa.

Regards

FrozenOut

FO,

Did those polite people at GM TV bother to reply? <_<

But I let them know!

Regards

FrozenOut

I guess in a few years time the 34 years old will be quite glad they didn't buy in.....I am amazed no-one is picking up the biggest crash since the Great Depression....Interest Rates are amazingly yet we have a housing stagnation. Confidence is low when people were saying a year ago that property will never go down, now listen to everyones reaction....its totally changed it takes a long time to get public confidence back remember the early ninties when interest rates had dropped from 12 % to 6 % everyone was still scared. At that time 8 % was fairly reasonable. House Prices have overshot everything on record and this is worldwide in the developed world. It not only needs a sustainable number of first time buyers plus also the same or more BTLs.... This is where the problem lies the new breed of BTLs in this property cycle have created one of biggest property price hikes in history......

Question where dioes it go from here as First Time Buyers can't afford to get in...BTLs are scared and now the conversations I am hearing I can't sell my houes.....There is no such thing as can't sell my house as there is always a price that someone will buy but not at current prices. In effect the discussions on here are now in the pubs, talk in the street and work. In effect people I know who have a high number of properties are trying to get out of the market.

But this is only the beginning. Mortgagee Repossessions are on the increase. Negative Equity is back in fashion. The DIY stores are reporting losses.

1989-1995 will be a holiday in comparison to the next 10 years.

Remember Property is only valued at what someone will pay for it. You can make a killing in a boom but in bust you can loose alot and depending how much you are leveridged.

Apols for being realistic.