House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pjw

A Terrible Realisation

Reading a fantasy in the Daily Mail of what would have happened if we had joined the euro (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2338589/Ed-Balls-No-10-House-prices-halved-The-worst-riots-century-DOMINIC-SANDBROOK-images--What-HAD-joined-euro.html) - I realised that we could have had our HPC - if we had joined the euro. The eurozone governments have few instruments with which to prop up house prices, whereas we can print into oblivion... I don't support the EU or the euro, but we have ended up with an HPI obsessed government by staying out...

Edited by pjw

- I realised that we could have had our HPC - if we had joined the euro.

Maybe you should realise we are having the HPC ( unless you beleve the blokes in the media with the 15 BTL properties desperately trying to convince people to join the ponzi ).

By way of proof:

homepage.png

P.S. The only people not to be benefitting from this obvious massive HPC are the british people, paid in british pounds. This HPC is hidden from the British people.....for now.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

All about timing I suppose.

Maybe it's easy to forget but pre-2007 euro rates were generally much lower than UK ones. So the lowering of IR's may have triggered an even bigger boom from 2000-2007, with a massive bust post 2007.

That said, IR's are not the only way of throttling the housing market.

I honestly think Balls would have left the euro if that happened. EU sycophants that they are, they still worship their bankster masters even more.

Why would he have had to choose? The principal agency behind the UK's membership of the EU is the City of London. Its principal mouthpiece is one 'Dave' Cameron, his true allegiance flushed from the shadows by the emergence of UKIP. Every Ponzi scheme requires a growing cadre of participants, or a growing contribution from existing ones. The UK's property Ponzi has both. East European migrants were the undemanding, multiple-occupant client population that made BTL portfolios work, temporarily at least.

Why would he have had to choose? The principal agency behind the UK's membership of the EU is the City of London. Its principal mouthpiece is one 'Dave' Cameron, his true allegiance flushed from the shadows by the emergence of UKIP. Every Ponzi scheme requires a growing cadre of participants, or a growing contribution from existing ones. The UK's property Ponzi has both. East European migrants were the undemanding, multiple-occupant client population that made BTL portfolios work, temporarily at least.

800px-Pyramid_scheme.svg.png

We are at level 9 or 10. We need 50-300 Million people so everyone can move up a level of wealth. I say, this is unlikely to happen.

I've come to the conclusion, life is just one big pyramid scam :lol: