House Price Crash Forum

Nsa Whistleblower Reveals Himself

HOLA441
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

Brave. Seems to have done it for the right reasons. His life has now changed forever. THEY will not like it one bit.

If a thousand people did what he did, we'd be getting somewhere.

I am Spartacus.

HOLA444

A real 21st century hero, just like Bradley Manning.

These are real heroes, unlike those army men fighting for the interests of corporations and the 'elite' in Iraq and Afghanistan (they are just cannon fodder and the sad thing is they don't even realise it)...

HOLA445

Young? Naive?

In the video interview, he comes across as understanding what the likely repercussions for himself are. I don't get the feeling he has done this on a whim. Much less naive than Manning, hence I think this act was very brave. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have had the guts to do it.

He has, I suspect, completely f****d his life though.

HOLA446

Brave. Seems to have done it for the right reasons. His life has now changed forever. THEY will not like it one bit.

If a thousand people did what he did, we'd be getting somewhere.

I am Spartacus.

:huh:

Are we not all Spartacus?

HOLA447

Young? Naive?

Both. I hope he enjoys his moment of fame because it will be brief.

Maybe he did the right thing, maybe not. But I have serious reservations about anyone who can't be trusted with information. He bit the hand that fed him.

If he didn't like what he was doing, he should have quit and/or approached a politician to represent his views somehow.

I don't know. I just don't understand someone throwing their life away on a single issue. And he's efffectively defected to China, hardly a bastion of democracy. Oh the irony. I think you have to pick a side, hopefully the right one with the fairest politics.

He chose China.

HOLA448

He nows faces a life on the run or a life in one of those hellish US Federal prisons. The US will not give up pursuing him and he will have to seek sanctuary in a country who, he might discover, will demand a high price from him in his personal freedom and secrets just to allow him to stay out of US hands.

I fear that lots of young Americans are brainwashed in school about the revolutionary war and then they get further brainwashed by all these right wing blogs warning that American freedoms, supposedly won in that war, are now being taken by the US govt.

HOLA449

Maybe he did the right thing, maybe not. But I have serious reservations about anyone who can't be trusted with information. He bit the hand that fed him.

You mean like Verizon, AT&T, Google, Facebook and the US Government? Last I checked private citizens were the ones feeding those public hands.

HOLA4410

If he didn't like what he was doing, he should have quit and/or approached a politician to represent his views somehow.

I don't know. I just don't understand someone throwing their life away on a single issue. And he's efffectively defected to China, hardly a bastion of democracy. Oh the irony. I think you have to pick a side, hopefully the right one with the fairest politics.

He chose China.

Plenty of other committed people spend their entire life campaigning on something. And thank goodness they do. Most of what we consider to be rights are nothing more than reforms hard won by dedicated people. For some, sadly their lives have been cut short by the very same.

HOLA4411

He nows faces a life on the run or a life in one of those hellish US Federal prisons. The US will not give up pursuing him and he will have to seek sanctuary in a country who, he might discover, will demand a high price from him in his personal freedom and secrets just to allow him to stay out of US hands.

I fear that lots of young Americans are brainwashed in school about the revolutionary war and then they get further brainwashed by all these right wing blogs warning that American freedoms, supposedly won in that war, are now being taken by the US govt.

Completely agree

HOLA4412

Completely agree

HOLA4413
Guest eight

He chose China.

There's always one.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Respect to this guy. This is some personal sacrifice he's done.

Wow. In Swedish the word is "Civilkurage" which doesnt' seem to have an appropriate English translation - but "displaying courage (without considering personal safety necessarily) to the benefit of the civil society" would probably be about right.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Respect to this guy. This is some personal sacrifice he's done.

Wow. In Swedish the word is "Civilkurage" which doesnt' seem to have an appropriate English translation - but "displaying courage (without considering personal safety necessarily) to the benefit of the civil society" would probably be about right.

It is a distinclty human trait in dire situations where the tribe is in immediate danger...throwing oneself on a grenade, taking the blame for a child.

It is much rarer when the general society is at risk...the person doing it has to look past his immediate surroundings and see the upcoming danger.

In other words, it takes a strong case of morality.

Few do it....hence the rise of Tyrants from time to time.

And the $200K.....quite a thing to give up...imagine what his line managers were being paid, let alone the cleaners.

HOLA4418

So...

The CIA got someone drunk once :lol:

And the NSA sometimes oversteps the mark in its enthusiasm to protect US citizens from terrists; rolling out technology that anyone with the slightest interest in these things already knew about

A crisp £5 says the Chinese government won't bite. Others might, and apparently already have

HOLA4419

"law abiding citizens have nothing to fear"

British foreign secretary.

Coming from the Eton fruit loops authorising access to our personal data that's scary.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22832263

"Law-abiding" citizens have "nothing to fear" from the British intelligence services, the foreign secretary says.

William Hague said reports that the UK's eavesdropping centre GCHQ had circumvented the law to gather data on British citizens were "nonsense".

But he refused to confirm or deny claims GCHQ has had access to a US spy programme called Prism since June 2010.

He doesn't specify which laws he's talking about. Driving for longer than 30 seconds in the middle lane I'd imagine............

May as well just accept that British govt, and thus US govt and thus most likely Chinese govt can already access everyone's personal communications whenever they wish to.

HOLA4420

The only reason plebs have any freedom at all is because through history people putting their head over the parapet.

It's a bit unfocused but, globally, people are really sick of governments, banks, war machines, surveillance and realise that most of the time people people rub along just fine without this crap.

HOLA4421

British foreign secretary.

Coming from the Eton fruit loops authorising access to our personal data that's scary.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22832263

He doesn't specify which laws he's talking about. Driving for longer than 30 seconds in the middle lane I'd imagine............

May as well just accept that British govt, and thus US govt and thus most likely Chinese govt can already access everyone's personal communications whenever they wish to.

Of course, the law says to phone tap a warrant is required.

I guess if you trawl everyone, then as it is not a special case if YOURS is tapped, as they do it to all, then the need for a warrant is circumvented.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Plenty of other committed people spend their entire life campaigning on something. And thank goodness they do.

Won't it be quite hard to campaign from a high security jail? The people they like least are kept in solitary 23 hours a day with no human or other contact allowed.

HOLA4424

It puts the News of the World scandal into perspective.

wot...from lawbreakers?

This government is soon to end...its garbage spouted like this that signals to end of the peoples tolerance to BS.

HOLA4425

A crisp £5 says the Chinese government won't bite. Others might, and apparently already have

The choice of Hong Kong is bizarre, I don't understand it. Chinese interference in Hong Kong freedoms is well known and they are certainly not above hiring gangsters to silence people in Hong Kong. It would be interesting to know the response of the Chinese public to extradition to the US, but I'd imagine the Chinese government will see no real benefit to keeping him.

Archived