House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

When The Bond Bubble Finally Bursts, A Lot Of Investors Will Get Hurt

I'm willing to endure low-rates, and negative interest-rates, because of all the high-risk and over-valuation out there. Sounds like Bootle things bond market is vulnerable to recovery from where we're at now, with austerity and some cuts only starting to have an effect.

Not sure he's feeling the bite of things like some people are beginning to, and too many in London feeling stupidly invincible over the past year, on very fragile conditions.

The most likely cause of this, in my view, would be a surprisingly strong economic recovery.

Oh and look who has something up for sale, as per another story today.

Roger Bootle, the founder of Capital Economics and columnist for The Daily Telegraph, has appointed advisers to prepare a sale of the business in a deal that could land him a windfall of up to £50m.

It does look as though the UK economy is starting to recover.

He makes that claim and produces no evidence to support it but the rest of his article suggests that the UK economy is far from recovery.

Another article full of contradictions.

Edited by billybong

The bond 'bubble' has taken 30 years to inflate.

It could take a similar time to deflate.

So, probably won't happen until China has seriously moved from mercantilism to a heatlhy balanced domestic demand economy, and a substantial chunk of the boomers have drawn down their pensions. i.e. there is no longer an east/west imbalance and demand for long term savings.

2020s? 2030s?

He makes that claim and produces no evidence to support it but the rest of his article suggests that the UK economy is far from recovery.

Another article full of contradictions.

that is the current meme they are trying to make stick..

I heard it on every politics show I dipped into yesterday.

A 'recovery' only as long as the UK govt borrows and spends an additional £120-150bn every single year holding the economy upright.

Good luck with that, fools.

A 'recovery' only as long as the UK govt borrows and spends an additional £120-150bn every single year holding the economy upright.

Good luck with that, fools.

Altogether now:

UK is recovering

France is out of the flames

Europe is fixed.

US is growing.

Indeed, the WHOLE WORLD is getting bigger every day ...Jupiter better watch this space, cos we are going to swallow the SUN.

I've noticed the same.

They seem reluctant these days to use the green shoots phrase (using it caused too much embarrassment to politicians and commentators who used it soon after the economic collapse) but that doesn't stop them claiming the recovery but they never explain what they mean in using the word "recovery" - in terms that might carry some weight.

Saying stuff like they're seeing a recovery because there are a few house sales under Help to Buy doesn't make a recovery - far from it.

I've noticed the same.

They seem reluctant these days to use the green shoots phrase (using it caused too much embarrassment to politicians and commentators who used it soon after the economic collapse) but that doesn't stop them claiming the recovery but they never explain what they mean in using the word "recovery" - in terms that might carry some weight.

Saying stuff like they're seeing a recovery because there are a few house sales under Help to Buy doesn't make a recovery - far from it.

A recovery for some individuals....let them be the ones to kick start the economy with their spending, for the growing numbers of others they are living one pay cheque to the next, treading water. ;)

Edited by winkie

10 year gilts down again

Yield up 20bps in 3 days.

“Ten-year yields were under pressure after today’s gilt auction,” Annalisa Piazza, an analyst at Newedge Group in London, wrote in a note to clients. “The auction attracted less interest than anticipated.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-06-11/pound-little-changed-against-dollar-before-manufacturing-report.html

Gidiot's sole purpose (so he tells us) is to ensure gilt yields don't rise.

He can't even do that properly.

And he hired Carney to print? Abe style printing would surely push UK gilt yields up considerably?