MORGAN

BELL

BAIRSTOW

BUTTLER

BROAD

SWANN

TREDWELL

ANDERSON

Get your fifth bowler from Root and Trott. Agree with leaving Finn out.

We saw probably the worst two teams in the tournament today.

Don't think Ashley Giles will last long as coach.

Bell and Trott are not batting for the team. Awful to watch. That top order needs breaking up to avoid the sort of torpor we saw today.

Bairstow has been timing the pants off the ball this season and can't get a look in.

Think Pakistan will win this, even though they've lost their first game.

Their fast bowling is awesome. And they won't bat as badly next time.

I fear the ashes games are going to be 3 day, one sided, affairs.

The current Aussies are the worst side to visit these shores for years.

HOLA444

COOK

ROOT

TROTT

MORGAN

BELL

BAIRSTOW

BUTTLER

BROAD

SWANN

TREDWELL

ANDERSON

We saw probably the worst two teams in the tournament today.

Don't think Ashley Giles will last long as coach.

Bell and Trott are not batting for the team. Awful to watch. That top order needs breaking up to avoid the sort of torpor we saw today.

Bairstow has been timing the pants off the ball this season and can't get a look in.

Think Pakistan will win this, even though they've lost their first game.

Their fast bowling is awesome. And they won't bat as badly next time.

I fear the ashes games are going to be 3 day, one sided, affairs.

The current Aussies are the worst side to visit these shores for years.

Amazibg how one of our most aggresive batsmen can't get a look-in. Prior.

HOLA445

COOK

ROOT

TROTT

MORGAN

BELL

BAIRSTOW

BUTTLER

BROAD

SWANN

TREDWELL

ANDERSON

Not sure about Treadwell & Swann, 2 spinners plus more spin from Root seems a bit excessive. More likely swap Treadwell for Finn/Bresnan.

Likewise I'm not sure (based on averages) that Bairstow deserves a place ahead of Bopara.

Agree that the batting is the biggest problem, there just doesn't seem to be anyone in the top order who can score runs at a decent rate. Not sure who we could bring in though.

Of course we did win today which makes my OP look a bit daft but against a better side.......

HOLA446

Amazibg how one of our most aggresive batsmen can't get a look-in. Prior.

I agree.

But they've made it clear he ain't coming back.

You could make a case for playing him and Buttler anyway.

I hope England aren't kidding themselves that they are a force in one day cricket right now.

As far as i can see they are being left behind.

KP or no KP.

HOLA447

Not sure about Treadwell & Swann, 2 spinners plus more spin from Root seems a bit excessive. More likely swap Treadwell for Finn/Bresnan.

Likewise I'm not sure (based on averages) that Bairstow deserves a place ahead of Bopara.

Agree that the batting is the biggest problem, there just doesn't seem to be anyone in the top order who can score runs at a decent rate. Not sure who we could bring in though.

Of course we did win today which makes my OP look a bit daft but against a better side.......

One day cricket is about situations.

Trott and Bell strangled it so bad today that the more fluid players have to play a different game from ball one, if they are behind the rate.

That never shows in the score book or the averages. Well not straight away anyway.

We have 3 players at the top of the order who other players bat around. Thats too many.

Root and Morgan got stiffed today by that.

Plus England can't rely on Buttler smacking 50 off of the last 4 overs every time. Pathetic strategy.

Bowling wise Tredwell dismissed Taylor MaCullum and Gupthill in the last one dayer v the Kiwis. He deserves his place Swann or no Swann.

Dry pitches look like being a factor, the Kookaburra ball gives the seamers little to work with, unless you have raw pace (Pakistan),so i say take the pace off at all opportunities.

Our seamers looked good today because Australia are awful, truly ******ing awful.

I love watching England crush teams in Test matches but their one day strategies/selections drive me ******ing nuts.

My batting order tries to shake up the top order to bring some impetus.

I say this as an opener in amateur league cricket.

I know i have to get on with it after 5-6 overs or get off the pot!!

HOLA448

Bowling wise Tredwell dismissed Taylor MaCullum and Gupthill in the last one dayer v the Kiwis. He deserves his place Swann or no Swann.

Tredwell was expensive today and if you're looking at Root bowling 5 overs then I think it's a case of Swann or Tredwell, 25 overs of spin in a ODI is just too much for me. Better sides would just take that apart.

Archived