House Price Crash Forum

Vodafone Profit £294 Million But Paid No Corporation Tax

HOLA441

Vodafone pays no UK corporation tax for second year running despite earning £5 billion in sales

Vodafone paid no UK corporation tax for the second year in a row, it was revealed today in its annual report.

The company had sales of £5 billion in Britain in the year to March and made an operating profit of £294 million, according to its results. But the mobile giant tried to head off a row by insisting critics should look at its total contribution through other taxes.

Vodafone was able to slash its corporation tax bill to zero because it legally claimed allowances for investment in infrastructure such as mobile spectrum and interest payments.

Great headline by the Indy!

Although once more it appears Vodafone has paid it's tax upfront with the spectrum bid. Would we be better off taking a % of month line rentals for tax on the spectrum?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

I suppose I could do my own research, but someone here might know...

Is 5bn the revenue for the entire Vodafone group, or just the UK part? £5bn revenue doesn't seem a great deal of money for such a large company.

Edit: Just read the article and got the answer :)

Edited by frozen_out

HOLA447