House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cashpoint Card Snatches Treble: Romanian Crime Gangs Responsible For 92% Of Thefts From Cash Machines, Police Believe

Probably not Romanians per-se but Roma gypsies. They probably commit the bulk of pick-pocketing and scrap metal theft too.

Guest eight

Probably not Romanians per-se but Roma gypsies.

What does it say on their passports?

a46f7eb9737_634x443.jpg

Well they are not spending their ill gotten gains on accomodation prefferring to camp out on the central reservation in Park Lane..

Wonder how much longer it will be before out parks look like refugee camps?

I wonder how they "calculated" that figure, given that a certain amount of cash machine fraud must go unresolved. Do the thieves always drop their passports when stealing a card?

a46f7eb9737_634x443.jpg

Well they are not spending their ill gotten gains on accomodation prefferring to camp out on the central reservation in Park Lane..

Wonder how much longer it will be before out parks look like refugee camps?

please stop blaming immigrants and kindly ask the government to do their f...ing job in the first place. and it is not difficult and it is not EU or Euro fault. it is just the useless c..nts in British government are, what they are -> useless

and yes, I am also an immigrant

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-11020429

The Roma are EU citizens, mostly from Romania or Bulgaria, but French law requires them to have a work permit and prove they have the means to support themselves if they intend to stay for more than three months.

Probably not Romanians per-se but Roma gypsies. They probably commit the bulk of pick-pocketing and scrap metal theft too.

Or homosexuals, Poles, mentally deficients, physically impaired , communists, union members, catholics or of course, they could be people with larger than average familial noses who work in the banking sector (nudge, nudge). A useful formula that worked in the 1930s.

I'd be very interested to see what the actual prosecution figures attest to, rather than the speculative link that Ivor the informative plod told his mate Scoope from the Mail over a pint and a pie.

please stop blaming immigrants and kindly ask the government to do their f...ing job in the first place. and it is not difficult and it is not EU or Euro fault. it is just the useless c..nts in British government are, what they are -> useless

and yes, I am also an immigrant

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-11020429

The Roma are EU citizens, mostly from Romania or Bulgaria, but French law requires them to have a work permit and prove they have the means to support themselves if they intend to stay for more than three months.

Do you live in a park? I bet when you arrives you made plans and had the means to support yourself.

EU law says they must not be refused entry even if they have no means of supporting themselves or anywhere to live.

I never mentioned Roma I make no distinction.

The French system is in breach of the free movement directive even if it is enshrined in their domestic law. Sooner or later they will end up at the ECHR to explain it. When they cannot huge fines will be levied which they will not pay.

Makes you kind of wonder what the EU is all about don't it. The British Government tries to stick to the rules whilst other member states pick and choose.

If nations get to pick and choose and ignore the rulings of the central court what is the fracking point of it in the first place?

Over the past year the number of thefts related to ATMs has trebled and police intelligence suggests more than 90 per cent are linked to Romanian immigrants.

So the Daily Hate knows who they are and the police know who they are.

Why don't they simply arrest them?

Do you live in a park? I bet when you arrives you made plans and had the means to support yourself.

EU law says they must not be refused entry even if they have no means of supporting themselves or anywhere to live.

I never mentioned Roma I make no distinction.

The French system is in breach of the free movement directive even if it is enshrined in their domestic law. Sooner or later they will end up at the ECHR to explain it. When they cannot huge fines will be levied which they will not pay.

Makes you kind of wonder what the EU is all about don't it. The British Government tries to stick to the rules whilst other member states pick and choose.

If nations get to pick and choose and ignore the rulings of the central court what is the fracking point of it in the first place?

I don't think EU law says that. EU laws refer to freedom of movement for workers, not people. There's an important distinction! I don't think the French are doing anything that contravenes EU law in this respect, and I'm pretty sure other countries, such as Germany, apply similar restrictions.

Guest eight

You could say that about so many things though. We all got about a week's prior notice of Tulisa's impending arrest for cocaine dealing, for instance. What about the x number of uninsured drivers there supposedly are? I know if I tried that I'd get snaffled by an ANPR car after about 1/2 mile.

PC work doesn't magically go from "no knowledge whatsoever" to "got all the evidence". Once they've figured out the guilty party, they need to collect enough evidence to stand up in court. Which can take a while. Or might never happen at all, if the criminal is good/Plod can't get the budget/he's been told to not harass a specific minority.

Hence why PC Plod will make comments over a pint like "Romanian gangs are doing all the ATM thefts". They know what's happening, but they haven't got court-proof evidence.

PC work doesn't magically go from "no knowledge whatsoever" to "got all the evidence". Once they've figured out the guilty party, they need to collect enough evidence to stand up in court. Which can take a while. Or might never happen at all, if the criminal is good/Plod can't get the budget/he's been told to not harass a specific minority.

Hence why PC Plod will make comments over a pint like "Romanian gangs are doing all the ATM thefts". They know what's happening, but they haven't got court-proof evidence.

You appear to be crediting the police with psychic abilities. Yes, they may have their suspicions, but until they've collected enough evidence, they cannot know who the guilty party is! It's possible that some cases don't come to court simply because those initial suspicions turned out to be wrong or inaccurate after further investigation.

Edit: Remember that we are going on the Daily Mail's interpretation of what the police may have told them. That paper does not have a good reputation for accurately imparting the information obtained from its sources. Not that the others are much better, of course!

Why is cash point crime increasing?.....is it because it is easier to fool a person by saying they have dropped something to distract their attention or look over their shoulder to see what pin they are entering then grabbing their card at the right moment or fitting a devise to make it look like the card has been taken....or even by card holders giving numbers to others to take money out on their behalf then forgetting all about it......what I think is if money has been stolen or taken be it not at fault or at some fault there is a high chance a refund will be given and the thief will get away with it and the money........far easier than some other theft crimes. ;)

You could say that about so many things though. We all got about a week's prior notice of Tulisa's impending arrest for cocaine dealing, for instance. What about the x number of uninsured drivers there supposedly are? I know if I tried that I'd get snaffled by an ANPR car after about 1/2 mile.

Daily mail are quite explicit.

They're asserting the police know 90% of atm crime is committed by Romanian gangs.

So they know they're Romanian. They're know they're gangs, which means they know who they are and how they operate, and what % of such crimes they commit.

But for some peculiar reason they have no desire to arrest and charge them.

According to the Daily Hate.

(or maybe they just made it up to give Nigel Hate some backup)

So they know they're Romanian. They're know they're gangs, which means they know who they are and how they operate, and what % of such crimes they commit.

Say that you are mugged in the street by a man with a strong EE accent, the police know that the crime was committed by someone from EE, they can make an educated guess that he individual was from a particular country, the chance of actually finding and prosecuting the individual is however minimal.

Modus Operandi used in crime detection for a hundred years or more...

http://news.bbc.co.u.../uk/3260565.stm

A gang of Romanian illegal immigrants has been jailed after stealing thousands of pounds in an elaborate cash machine fraud.The six-strong gang fitted pinhole cameras and card skimming devices into hole-in-the-wall machines in London.

Members siphoned off more £8,200 using the scam but had 108 forged bank cards and PIN numbers giving them access to another £130,000.

http://www.thesunday...icle1001849.ece

DUMMY in mouth, this innocent baby rummages through a pile of crisp banknotes — the proceeds of Romanian gangsters making millions from Britain's cash machine users.

The image was recovered from the mobile phone of a suspected fraudster by British police during a raid on a safe house used by a Romanian gang.

These and hundreds of other Romanian criminals are now responsible for more than 90% of all cash machine fraud in the UK, according to the head of the police unit charged with dealing with the problem.

The fraudsters are happy to flaunt the wealth in their homeland where they buy garishly painted houses and expensive cars.

By trying to pretend this section of society is being unfairly targeted then you are part of the problem and not the solution....

Also goes some way to explain why there are 50+ gangs under investigation at the moment for underage rape and child abuse.

The media have not stated they are Asian but given the spate of hi profile convictions and the same modus operandi on how these creatures operate it is reasonable to deduce that they are.

very broad minded of you. so in future will you supply a list of 'stainless sam' approved websites that are ok for us peasants to read?

Too late for you Bob, We've discussed this before. Even an extended spell at a workers' enlightenment camp can't help you.

If those actually caught are a significant sample. Say 200 from all over the country, then the % Romanians in the sample will not differ significantly their % in the overall population of ATM tea leaves.

That's interesting. I've had a couple of similar experiences here in the dodgy part of Berlin (Neuköln). Luckily I always forget my pin number on the first try, but I was pretty sick until I got my bank statement, and all was ok. It was actually quite startling, because here in Germany, they actually queue up several meters away from the cash point to maintain your privacy, so it was quite a shock, when somebody spoke to me. One asked me for directions to a street that was just across the road, so it was quite natural to turn round and point to it. Then, I realised there was another one standing behind me, gave me another nasty start.

I think they were probably German but I don't think they were Romanian. They were too polite, and not scary enough. They were little more than kids to be honest. Could have been all quite innocent of course.

Daily mail are quite explicit.

They're asserting the police know 90% of atm crime is committed by Romanian gangs.

According to the Daily Hate.

(or maybe they just made it up to give Nigel Hate some backup)

Surely the point is not the actual country they originate from........

but whatever this may be - they either want "jailing" or if "not British" they want deporting.....

Australia seems to handle unwanted/undesirable/illegal persons in a totally acceptable (to me) way

sod the "human rights act" :lol: