House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

Builder Dug Foundations..

I feel sorry for everyone in that story. This is a very common occurrence. I knew a builder who was killed when the wall fell on him, doing exactly the same thing.

Looks like everything got fixed in the end, both sides. The landlord tried to, and perhaps did, sell on number 69 recently. Can't see it listed for sale or rent at the moment. He bought it for £44K in 2000. Perhaps both sides able to claim on house insurances.

subsided-house_4_1741182a.jpg

Rightmove property details as of February 2013

http://www.rightmove...country=england

38481_69BBA_IMG_00_0000_max_620x414.jpg

Guest eight

38481_69BBA_IMG_00_0000_max_620x414.jpg

One day I'm going to read a tabloid story about one of these houses being partly demolished to rescue a domestic pet that's got stuck in that gap between them..

One day I'm going to read a tabloid story about one of these houses being partly demolished to rescue a domestic pet that's got stuck in that gap between them..

Presumably, the roof of the new extension has a gutter. How the hell do you clean the debris from it without abseiling from the property next door ?

And what a strange route for the down pipe from the top elevation. Presumably, just to save the few pence of replacing the gutter and putting the downpipe in the corner.

I had little sympathy for the builder at the beginning of this thread. I have no sympathy now.

And what a strange route for the down pipe from the top elevation. Presumably, just to save the few pence of replacing the gutter and putting the downpipe in the corner.

It was obviously inspired by the Centre Pompidou in Paris and not the cheap bodged job you suggest.

I'm almost 100% sure that building control told him to dig the footings two feet deeper than the originals. Friend of mine had single story extension built. BC wanted footings four feet deep and back-filled with concrete - for a single story! The adjoining house was 500 years old and built from mud and straw straight of the ground. Yeah........

I'm almost 100% sure that building control told him to dig the footings two feet deeper than the originals. Friend of mine had single story extension built. BC wanted footings four feet deep and back-filled with concrete - for a single story! The adjoining house was 500 years old and built from mud and straw straight of the ground. Yeah........

Do you think BC suggested the route for the downpipe as well ?

Do you think BC suggested the route for the downpipe as well ?

Err.....nope. :lol: