House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rantnrave

Halifax May 2013

Doesn't look good TBH

http://www.lloydsbankinggroup.com/media/pdfs/halifax/2013/060613_HPI.pdf

+2.6 on the year. average house prices up £6,000

So some one would have to have saved £500 a month to stand still.

Smoke and mirrors.

Ignoring the manipulated indexes it looks pretty good to me. I'm well over £100K in pocket as a direct result of renting for the last six years. I could buy the house I'm renting for £50K less than I would have had to pay when I first moved in and asking prices in my area of the south east continue to fall.

There's a long way to go yet, but I expect prices to fall a further 30% or 40% by the end of the decade.

A 4.7% increase since the nadir in September 2012, which looking back may be seen as the bottom of the market on an inflation adjusted basis, I think Freetrader had it at about -33% based on the Halifax survey.

An increase in June 2012 will probably see no progress on the annual rolling stat next month. However, thereafter we have a slump to drop out of the rolling stats until September, by which time the annual stat could look fairly impressive. (especially if they ditch the three month moving average)

Well, as winkie points out for the six houses that actually sold.

Edited by crashmonitor

Doesn't look good TBH

http://www.lloydsbankinggroup.com/media/pdfs/halifax/2013/060613_HPI.pdf

+2.6 on the year. average house prices up £6,000

So some one would have to have saved £500 a month to stand still.

+2.6% courtesy of their nonsense three month moving average. In actual fact May/May is +3.7%.

Including 14 month old data in annual stats did massage the figures during the bust, time for Halifax to modify the calculation.

Edited by crashmonitor