Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Looking For Some Advice

Recommended Posts

Hallo all,

My sister jointly owns a property in Scotland with her ex partner. At the moment she is living in it with their 4 children and just about covering the mortgage.

She has just received a decent job offer up in Inverness which is around 2 hours traveling from her present home.

The problem she has, is that under scottish law she cant rent out her current property or sell it without her ex partners consent.

She hasnt seen him for getting on 2 years and only knows hes out in the middle east somewhere. He also has not paid any contrbution to the house or kids for those 2 years.

She obviously cant pay the mortgage on her current house and rent elsewhere at the same time. Also it seems theres little point paying the mortgage on her current home, only to have him re-appear and claim his half!!

Has anybody got any experiance of a similar situation or any ideas they may like to suggest??

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 244 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?

      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.