House Price Crash Forum
tinker

New Way Found To Boost House Prices

Once upon a time it was 3.5 x salary, then it became, 2 x 3 or 2 x 4 multiples. Of course it will be sold as being aspirational, when all that will happen is that more ways of separating the newly emancipated from their money will be invented.

Rise in working women could boost UK growth, study says

Increasing the number of women in the workforce would dramatically boost the UK's economic growth, according to a government-backed report.

If women were represented in the same numbers as men in the workforce, GDP growth would be up to 10% higher by 2030, the study claims.

The study, carried out by the Women's Business Council, estimates 2.4m more women want to work, while 1.3m want to boost their hours.

The government set up the body in 2012.

"There is an overwhelming business case for maximising women's contribution to growth," the Women's Business Council says.

Fantasy economics really given the structural issues in the economy. Not enough jobs generally, paid enough nor offering enough hours for 3m+ underemployed. 1m unemployed young people; older people working longer.

Smells like a quango to me, wishful report-making.

I wish they'd legalise cannabis, that would immediately suck up a load of youth unemployment. Plus because of the way drugs are portrayed as cool the take up of sciences in schools might increase. But ignorant f@ckers only care about house prices, banks and wars so chance will be a fine thing.

Once upon a time it was 3.5 x salary, then it became, 2 x 3 or 2 x 4 multiples. Of course it will be sold as being aspirational, when all that will happen is that more ways of separating the newly emancipated from their money will be invented.

Rise in working women could boost UK growth, study says

Fantasy economics really given the structural issues in the economy. Not enough jobs generally, paid enough nor offering enough hours for 3m+ underemployed. 1m unemployed young people; older people working longer.

Smells like a quango to me, wishful report-making.

Millions unempluyed, immigrants flocking to the island of free giveaways and they think forcing women into work is a good idea. Who are these idiots ? :blink:

I heard some woman on the radio yesterday saying the government had to do something to find a solution to the problem of getting women with children into work who then had to pay for childcare making going to work. She missed the obvious, return to natures equilibrium of one woman staying with one man who hunts and gathers ( read as goes to work ) while she brings up the child in a loving environment. No government involvement, other than stop f**king up all over, needed. That would of course need a MUCH lower cost/standard of living for the masses...which is no bad thing.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Millions unempluyed, immigrants flocking to the island of free giveaways and they think forcing women into work is a good idea. Who are these idiots ? :blink:

I heard some woman on the radio yesterday saying the government had to do something to find a solution to the problem of getting women with children into work who then had to pay for childcare making going to work. She missed the obvious, return to natures equilibrium of one woman staying with one man who hunts and gathers ( read as goes to work ) while she brings up the child in a loving environment. No government involvement, other than stop f**king up all over, needed. That would of course need a MUCH lower cost/standard of living for the masses...which is no bad thing.

It's absolutely this! I was a latchkey kid in the 70's - it was not seen as a good thing, rather that I was feral.

I was orphaned as a teen, why on earth would you force this on anyone?

Mind you, I suppose my army of foster parents, children's homes and case workers did all right, they seemed to be enjoying themselves.

It took such balls to disentangle myself from those leeches.

It's absolutely this! I was a latchkey kid in the 70's - it was not seen as a good thing, rather that I was feral.

I was orphaned as a teen, why on earth would you force this on anyone?

Mind you, I suppose my army of foster parents, children's homes and case workers did all right, they seemed to be enjoying themselves.

It took such balls to disentangle myself from those leeches.

My wife and I had a baby last year and she's not going back to work. All the girls she knows that had babies are now facing the reality of HAVING TO go back to work, they DONT WANT TO. None of them can afford to stay off. Instead they will go work to pay some other people a small fortune to look after their child. No one loves a child like their own mother and really, no one else has their best interests at heart. It makes no sense for millions of women to be working just to pay someone else ( just cause some crappy magazine says you should have a carear ) to look after their own child. All they are doing is re-circulating money.

Another unintended ( or is it intended ) consequence of HIGH HOUSE PRICES and a country that is being run for big businesses and no the general public.

The best bit is...get this.....3 of the girls are teachers....they are all going back to work early....just before the summer holidays, so they get paid but are still effectively off. More public sector troughers ( albeit on a smaller scale ). This really should be looked into.

This country is a mess. I am still looking for a way out.

My wife and I had a baby last year and she's not going back to work. All the girls she knows that had babies are now facing the reality of HAVING TO go back to work, they DONT WANT TO. None of them can afford to stay off. Instead they will go work to pay some other people a small fortune to look after their child. No one loves a child like their own mother and really, no one else has their best interests at heart. It makes no sense for millions of women to be working just to pay someone else ( just cause some crappy magazine says you should have a carear ) to look after their own child. All they are doing is re-circulating money.

Another unintended ( or is it intended ) consequence of HIGH HOUSE PRICES and a country that is being run for big businesses and no the general public.

The best bit is...get this.....3 of the girls are teachers....they are all going back to work early....just before the summer holidays, so they get paid but are still effectively off. More public sector troughers ( albeit on a smaller scale ). This really should be looked into.

This country is a mess. I am still looking for a way out.

My wife and I are expecting our first child. My wife is ambitious career-wise, me much less so. I'm very happy to defer to her and look after junior, a total win-win for us really. Double earner households are asking for trouble in the same situation given the monumental cost of care-I'd feel cheated paying a grand a month and the rest.

For some, it's like the situation has just dawned on them.

What we need is some very large government scheme for our safety.

What we need is UK TSA, Transport Security Army....they could go on patrol in armoured vehicles, theyd need an armed response, and they could pat us all down at airports, stations, bus terminii and on the way into shopping Malls.

Loads of employment....for our security.

Course the Germans did exactly this between the wars...got unemployment way down, and they built huge defensive works all around Germany.

Course they added the SS (TSA) into the mix too, to protect people of course.

Government can only create jobs in this way. doing something that no-one else would pay for.

The damage done I think takes so long to become apparent that the cause is then forgotten.

I am still largely feral with constant willpower to keep the lid on my legacy issues. The abyss is always close.

I would not want a generation of me!

Women are finding they are compelled to go to work to help out with the household budget....the tax collectors like that idea because not only are they generating income all round they are creating new child minding jobs thus even more taxpayers to help the country to right itself......meaning then there will be more room to up the inflation/prices for everything so boosting so called growth.....but in reality nobody is really better off, and it is the children who end up paying the price twice cared for by substitute parents then having to pay far more for everything at a time later in life when they can least afford it. ;)

Women are finding they are compelled to go to work to help out with the household budget....the tax collectors like that idea because not only are they generating income all round they are creating new child minding jobs thus even more taxpayers to help the country to right itself......meaning then there will be more room to up the inflation/prices for everything so boosting so called growth.....but in reality nobody is really better off, and it is the children who end up paying the price twice cared for by substitute parents then having to pay far more for everything at a time later in life when they can least afford it. ;)

Well said.

The children suffer then they are asked to pay more to shore up the whole mess.

As I've said before...the UK is not worth living in....best policy is to forget buying a house and leave.

The UK needs less government and a return to a free market, I doubt this will not happen without all out collapse. The turkeys wont vote for Christmas.

Most women want to work to improve their family's finances - to see house prices simply rise up to reflect the fact women are working just moves the good life constantly out of reach. I would limit mortgages to three times a single salary, with no attention paid to a partner's income, so that the additional income provides a material uplift to the family standard of living. I basically don't want to see house prices on average higher than 3 times the average salary. I want them halved from where they are now.

My wife and I are expecting our first child. My wife is ambitious career-wise, me much less so. I'm very happy to defer to her and look after junior, a total win-win for us really. Double earner households are asking for trouble in the same situation given the monumental cost of care-I'd feel cheated paying a grand a month and the rest.

For some, it's like the situation has just dawned on them.

It's, only temporary though. After 4 years the state provides compulsory babysitting. Free at point of use.

Don't swim against the tide, you'll be ******ed over.