House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RDW

You're Havin' A Laugh

£39 to re sole a pair of shoes !!

To bits of rubber and some sticky.

The shoes only cost £50.

See ya !

That's got to be an obvious DIY job. Sand them level and glue on a new sole.

I rarely wear out my soles on work shoes (Clarkes excpeted who seem to make their soles from cellophane), usually they're knackered on top so not worth re-soling.

The shoes only cost £50.

See ya !

Hammer on a pair of blakeys that should cut down on wear and tear......but yes I agree the shoe menders are trying their luck, having said that they will only charge what people are prepared to pay......a good well made pair of comfortable shoes is worth repairing.....they are getting harder to find and when you do they cost a small fortune to buy new. More mainstream shoe shops are now full of cheap plastic seasonal fashion imported rubbish you would never invest good money in repairing. ;)

The shoes only cost £50.

See ya !

Cobblers!

http://www.blakeys-segs.co.uk/

Good, old fashioned stuff. :)

When I were a lad we used to hang off back of moving double decker bus and spark our blakeys on t' road.

I just did a Google image search for 'blakeys sparks buses' to see if anyone had ever photographed someone doing it and what I got in return was pictures of these two blokes...

kf604k.jpgic1k6v.jpg

When I were a lad we used to hang off back of moving double decker bus and spark our blakeys on t' road.

I just did a Google image search for 'blakeys sparks buses' to see if anyone had ever photographed someone doing it and what I got in return was pictures of these two blokes...

kf604k.jpgic1k6v.jpg

You do realise that Blakey posts here regularly?

av-21161.jpg

You do realise that Blakey posts here regularly?

av-21161.jpg

I used to like his laugh.

In hindsight, what with Blakey's moustache and Jacko dressing like an SS officer there were some peculiar subliminals going on in that show

52xoio.jpg

The shoes only cost £50.

See ya !

Buy a new pair of shoes for £10 to £15 quid remove the sole to resole your good old favourite pair.

....or ask the shoe mender if you can buy some solo and cut and stick them on yourself.

....or you can buy a couple of soles on the big river for 95p, all you need is some good glue and a sharp knife

....or ask the shoe mender how much he would charge to fit if you provided your own soles.

Where there is a will there is a way of getting things done for less. ;)

If you've got any horsey friends you could ask them for any old saddles. Well worn saddle leather is good for re-soling shoes.

also, could kill two birds with one stone if a bit of a perv... B)