House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Gloom And Doom?

Warning: If you don't like long, boring posts about economics, change channel now!

I don't know if anyone has seen this:

http://adam.webline.co.uk/EconomicIndicatorsrp05-074.pdf

I just read section II and III and skimmed the rest of the information.

I am a layman when it comes to economics, but i really don't find any reason to be cheerful in this document.

Prices up, production down, predictions down and danger of breaking the golden rule.

Every figure the chancellor hopes to see is optimistic it seems.

Apologies to bore most of you senseless (I'm bored too), but I post it here to find out if any of the economic braniacs can tell me what it really says or point out anything interesting.

Is there a reason to be cheerful, other than a possible rate cut early next year (if that gives you cheer)?

Cheers all

Adam

Warning: If you don't like long, boring posts about economics, change channel now!

I don't know if anyone has seen this:

http://adam.webline.co.uk/EconomicIndicatorsrp05-074.pdf

I just read section II and III and skimmed the rest of the information.

I am a layman when it comes to economics, but i really don't find any reason to be cheerful in this document.

Prices up, production down, predictions down and danger of breaking the golden rule.

Every figure the chancellor hopes to see is optimistic it seems.

Apologies to bore most of you senseless (I'm bored too), but I post it here to find out if any of the economic braniacs can tell me what it really says or point out anything interesting.

Is there a reason to be cheerful, other than a possible rate cut early next year (if that gives you cheer)?

Cheers all

Adam

If that lot scares you gawd help you. That is the driest summary of some pretty bleak news that I have seen and it is concise too. These research papers are put together for MPs by the House of Commons Library. They say that they "aim" to be politically impartial and contain factual information as well as opinions. I may be baised myself here but on my skim read I almost detected a selective watering down or ignoring of the worst examples of the bad news availabe in public sources on some of these issues!

If you ever wondered where the MPs get some of their information on current topics, voila the HoC Library.

Edited by Tempest