House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Number Of Workers Earning More Than £1Million A Year Doubles In Just Two Years

That's not a lot of declared incomes really. I'm sure I was reading something the other day that said there were over 200,000 millionaires in London alone.

Edited by SeeYouNextTuesday

That's not a lot of declared incomes really. I'm sure I was reading something the other day that said there were over 200,000 millionaires in London alone.

You can be a millionaire in London just by having a normal family home in a semi-decent area.

A million a year in income is a totally different matter. How many of these people actually deliver enough value to a business to be worth £1m a year is a different matter..

You can be a millionaire in London just by having a normal family home in a semi-decent area.

A million a year in income is a totally different matter. How many of these people actually deliver enough value to a business to be worth £1m a year is a different matter..

well, most of them are in finance...and they are the first receivers of QE cash...so they buy stock and that rises and they get bonuses etc etc.

QE is the embodiment of Ponzi.

well, most of them are in finance...and they are the first receivers of QE cash...so they buy stock and that rises and they get bonuses etc etc.

QE is the embodiment of Ponzi.

I would be very surprised if this wasn't the truth.

I thought all these high-flying girls and boys were supposed to be fleeing from the UK?

They were just about to, before the top rate of tax was cut from 50p to 45p. Made all the difference. After all, if you are struggling to survive on £40k a month, that extra £4k would be so useful, you might be able to eat out once a fortnight.

They were just about to, before the top rate of tax was cut from 50p to 45p. Made all the difference. After all, if you are struggling to survive on £40k a month, that extra £4k would be so useful, you might be able to eat out once a fortnight.

That £4k will go to a charity dinner (where useful ears are there too) and that gives immense pleasure compared to the usual Chinese meal out.

That £4k will go to a charity dinner (where useful ears are there too) and that gives immense pleasure compared to the usual Chinese meal out.

.. and the charity will no doubt provide extremely well-renumerated jobs for otherwise-unemployable scions of the wealthy..

Or am I being cynical

.. and the charity will no doubt provide extremely well-renumerated jobs for otherwise-unemployable scions of the wealthy..

Or am I being cynical

They probably work for free really during the gap year else their future is toasted.. GS and the likes won't want some money hungry, selfish people without integrity on their payroll would they ?

Edited by easy2012

You mean where they own the charity, sit on its board, and from which their children draw pay and expenses, while overseeing zero in terms of charitable spending?

They probably work for free really during the gap year else their future is toasted.. GS and the likes won't want some money hungry, selfish people without integrity on their payroll would they ?

I think they prefer psychopaths on the whole.

You mean where they own the charity, sit on its board, and from which their children draw pay and expenses, while overseeing zero in terms of charitable spending?

Probably not. They are mere millionaires.

It is more likely to be the types that try to save Africa and have HRH / Lady / Lord on the board of trustee.