House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

inflating

They Shoot Badgers, Don't They?

http://news.sky.com/story/1098036/badger-culling-due-to-begin-amid-protests]

Some 5,000 badgers are likely to be killed in two pilot culls, in west Gloucestershire and west Somerset, which are expected to attract potential disruption and estimated policing costs of around £4m.

The pilots aim to ensure that free-running badgers can be killed humanely, with marksmen observed by independent experts to check they are killing the protected animal swiftly, and post-mortems carried out to assess speed of death.

Doesn't sound very sensible to me

Campaigners say thousands of people wearing badger masks will join rock star Brian May and TV presenter and naturalist Bill Oddie on the streets of London today to protest against the cull and deliver a petition against the policy signed by 228,000 people to Downing Street.

If he chooses to come along, a mask for Alistair Darling is pretty much optional.

It's near me! I'll not be wearing black and white clothing after dark for a while!

Does it make any sense? I'm not sure there is any connection with badgers! :huh:

Still, they are easy to distinguish, and probably like being rounded up and shot like Jews!

When all the badgers have gone to Heaven, it might be foxes next, and then bees!

It's near me! I'll not be wearing black and white clothing after dark for a while!

Does it make any sense? I'm not sure there is any connection with badgers! :huh:

Still, they are easy to distinguish, and probably like being rounded up and shot like Jews!

When all the badgers have gone to Heaven, it might be foxes next, and then bees!

First they came for the communists,

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the badgers,

and I didn't speak out because although I am a badger, badgers can't speak.

Then they came for the bees,

and I didn't speak out because I don't give a toss about bees.

It does sound a bit odd.

Do badgers really harbour that much TB? How is it transmitted to cattle?

I dunno.

Surely the authorities could triangulate on the TB transmitters and catch them that way. Or look for shifty-looking badgers carrying small suitcases.

All this 'shooting' sounds like 'execution.' I can only imagine the protesters want the badgers to be chased with a fair chance of escaping. They could call their campaign 'Bring Back Hunting'.

It does sound a bit odd.

Do badgers really harbour that much TB? How is it transmitted to cattle?

I dunno.

This is something I would like to know to!

Badgers are indigenous to this country Cows are to but not on the scale they exist now

I accept badgers carry TB - but who gave it to who?????

.....and can they "prove" cross infection?

Oh and some tree hugger IS GOING TO GET SHOT

The pilots aim to ensure that free-running badgers can be killed humanely, with marksmen observed by independent experts to check they are killing the protected animal swiftly, and post-mortems carried out to assess speed of death.

I am told badger is very tasty. Hopefully any healthy animals killed in this cull will not be wasted.

No, none of this is a waste, it is a test run to assess the efficacy of hollow-point bullets in crowd situations.

First they came for the communists,

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the badgers,

and I didn't speak out because although I am a badger, badgers can't speak.

Then they came for the bees,

and I didn't speak out because I don't give a toss about bees.

Surely the authorities could triangulate on the TB transmitters and catch them that way. Or look for shifty-looking badgers carrying small suitcases.

All this 'shooting' sounds like 'execution.' I can only imagine the protesters want the badgers to be chased with a fair chance of escaping. They could call their campaign 'Bring Back Hunting'.

Plus you'd already been shot!