House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheBlueCat

There's Hope For Us Yet

I don't have to read the article to know that it's ********.

Young Britains are conformist and conservative. They value freedom as long as it fits what they want to do.

+1 walking down a side street in Brentwood yesterday. A little half shop called Fusey owned by one of the goons from Towie. Queue outside the door with a velvet rope buying over priced tat and if your lucky he signs the bag advertising his shop.

They appeared to be from all backgrounds. They are completely genetically modified sheeple

I don't have to read the article to know that it's ********.

Young Britains are conformist and conservative. They value freedom as long as it fits what they want to do.

As someone in my 20's I see a split.

Working, non-university educated young people are generally conservative. The tend to be anti-immigration, some increasingly so (you see this with the surge in popularity of the EDL)and anti-benefits.

University educated middle class youth are generally liberal. They are also extremely conformist. Those that have strong beliefs are generally very liberal. Very few are vocal right wingers.

The conformity of university educated middle class to neo-liberal-common-purpose ideology is what has been the back bone of our society for 30+ years. Is it a shift that will ever change? I don't think so. I think any change is likely to come from the angry working class.

+1 walking down a side street in Brentwood yesterday. A little half shop called Fusey owned by one of the goons from Towie. Queue outside the door with a velvet rope buying over priced tat and if your lucky he signs the bag advertising his shop.

They appeared to be from all backgrounds. They are completely genetically modified sheeple

Yep. Individuality is something that is increasingly becoming non-existent in this society.

Unless it's the "look at me I've got pink hair and I'm a lesbian" type of individuality.

As someone in my 20's I see a split.

Working, non-university educated young people are generally conservative. The tend to be anti-immigration, some increasingly so (you see this with the surge in popularity of the EDL)and anti-benefits.

University educated middle class youth are generally liberal. They are also extremely conformist. Those that have strong beliefs are generally very liberal. Very few are vocal right wingers.

The conformity of university educated middle class to neo-liberal-common-purpose ideology is what has been the back bone of our society for 30+ years. Is it a shift that will ever change? I don't think so. I think any change is likely to come from the angry working class.

As one of those in the past, in my defence it's because the education system, including specifically Uni, is massively left wing, pro emotions, and anti-logic. I don't know if its because the children of better off parents have never encountered the real world and thus dont question, or because the sixties counter culture warriors went into higher education. I remember live aid and the nelson mandela issues, where basically any attempt to analyse the situation using facts was see akin to slaughtering babies.

Oh, and the other thing massive at Uni is green/climate change issues. Although, of course, they never actually stop their own foreign holidays and other profligate energy uses....

If this is true then why does nearly every under 25 I speak to want free stuff off the government?

It takes some years of trying to stand on your own two feet and struggling because the rentiers and their pet government are blocking you at every turn before you start to wonder what's going on. Under 25 is too young.

Gove must be right then.

Compete failure of the education system.