House Price Crash Forum

London House Prices To Rise By 5%

ck1

HOLA441
HOLA442

"HOUSE prices in London’s smartest neighbourhoods will jump by 5 per cent next year, according to Savills, the upmarket estate agent."

that is as far as I got before I got bored :lol::lol:

HOLA443

The whole City bonuses thing has got a bit out of proportion IMO.

In equities the big houses are still shedding staff because of unbundling. The 2nd tier houses are indicating bonuses up 10-15% on last year. Commission-only is becoming more common at the local brokers.

There will be some big bonuses sloshing around in Corporate Finance, but these people probably own big houses in Chelsea already. They need to invest elsewhere to cover schoolfees & early retirement before burnout sets in.

HOLA444
HOLA445

"HOUSE prices in London’s smartest neighbourhoods will jump by 5 per cent next year, according to Savills, the upmarket estate agent."

when they said smartest,I think they ment the smartest people who can identify/afford the best tax-dodges.

AVERAGE BTL WITH A DOZEN MAGNOLIA COLOURED 2-BED CHAV-PITS IS NOT SMART...HE MERELY THINKS HE IS.

the people he is up against could buy those same dozen props NOW,at the height of the boom with their BONUSES.

the reason they won't is there are better returns to be had elsewhere.