House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

swissy_fit

For Those Who Like Ladies Tennis....

Sharapova does my head in. Just imagine if someone in your office screamed "aaaaarrrrrggggghhhh" every time they clicked their mouse.

Sharapova does my head in. Just imagine if someone in your office screamed "aaaaarrrrrggggghhhh" every time they clicked their mouse.

I'd certainly click Sharapova's mouse...

I come to this thread expecting pictures and find nothing again :( try harder people, I've not even heard of the second one.

One of the few that actually show her playing tennis:

maria_sharapova_2.jpg

The second one:

Eugenie_BOUCHARD_4522.JPG

What does that mean?

I genuinely didn't perceive any double entendre value in my earlier comment but now, thanks to gadget's intervention, I realise that it sounds positively filthy.

Isn't there a law that female tennis stars have to wear tiny skimpy skirts and not shorts?

As for the grunter, if I was a woman playing her at tennis I would respond by going completely over the top with orgasmic like sounds every time I hit the ball. The more she groaned the louder I would groan in response. Can't believe she is allowed to do that still - I thought they were going to ban those kind of sounds?

There was a rather good piece on Radio 4's PM the other day.

Edinburgh's Giant Pandas Yang Guang and Tian Tian had a narrow window of opportunity to mate, one that they failed to take advantage of although it did involve some squeals that were broadcast on PM. This prompted one listener to ask what a tennis match between a Giant Panda and Sharapova might sound like....

PM willingly obliged and tried to shed some sound on the matter.

Sharapova vs Giant Panda

Friend of mine in the office is doing some moonlighting work for a pron film-maker. Not that sort of work, office stuff. She did mention to me that he's been in the business so long that the only thing that really turns him on these days is womens tennis.

Isn't there a law that female tennis stars have to wear tiny skimpy skirts and not shorts?

As for the grunter, if I was a woman playing her at tennis I would respond by going completely over the top with orgasmic like sounds every time I hit the ball. The more she groaned the louder I would groan in response. Can't believe she is allowed to do that still - I thought they were going to ban those kind of sounds?

While nice eye candy, womens tennis really is a wart on the game.

The levels of skill compared to the mens game are comparable to that of mens to womens football/basketball/hockey/darts/pretty much any sport apart from maybe netball.

I wonder what the figures are for revenue for the ATP and WTA tours.

Also I'd like to see all through the slams ladies scheduled for certain days and then mens for the others. It would be interesting to see how full the main courts are if ticketing could be done on a day-to-day basis.

The levels of skill compared to the mens game are comparable to that of mens to womens football/basketball/hockey/darts/pretty much any sport apart from maybe netball.

Also I'd like to see all through the slams ladies scheduled for certain days and then mens for the others. It would be interesting to see how full the main courts are if ticketing could be done on a day-to-day basis.

I think women's tennis is at a higher level than that. I remember that a group of DJs captained by Chris Evans beat the England six a side women's football team. I really don't think Chris evans would be rolling over Heather Watson and Laura Robson.

I agree that the mens game has got better from a spectator point of view since the decline of serve and volley and the womens game has become strewn with unforced errors.

There was a time when I preferred the womens game in the Ivanisevic era. You'd be lucky to clock an average rally of one stroke in some games......eg. double fault, ace, double fault, double fault, ace.....etc.

I think women's tennis is at a higher level than that. I remember that a group of DJs captained by Chris Evans beat the England six a side women's football team. I really don't think Chris evans would be rolling over Heather Watson and Laura Robson.

I agree that the mens game has got better from a spectator point of view since the decline of serve and volley and the womens game has become strewn with unforced errors.

Yes, maybe a little harsh with my comparison, although the reason a bunch of DJ’s wouldn’t beat the women at tennis is maybe more to do with it not being the national sport. I’ve no doubt Chris Evans probably enjoys a game of football, much like Baddiel and Skinner and the like. I think you’d be able to find plenty of blokes who have never played professional or club tennis but enjoy a game who could easily beat a lot of the women (at tennis!).

I think more than anything I’m just (a bit!) bitter at the damn scheduling! Going to be out most of today and by the time I get home it looks as if it’ll be all wimmens, maybe with Seppi/Almagro late on.

:(

It's 40 years since Billie Jean King kicked Bobby Riggs' ass and you're still saying that? Although I do think the level of skill has dropped off since the days of Steffi Graf etc.

It's 40 years since Billie Jean King kicked Bobby Riggs' ass and you're still saying that? Although I do think the level of skill has dropped off since the days of Steffi Graf etc.

I had no idea what you was talking about there so looked it up - he was twice her age. I'm talking about the active game, plus they used spaghetti rackets back then.

The Graf era was indeed a joy and contrasted with the nonsense going on in the men's games (mainly grass) where serve and volley was seen as the only game plan and rallies were non existent. Federa changed all that.

The extra power women are generating on the ball probably explains why you get so many lame finishes to rallies ( a tired return that hits the middle of the net) and apparent unforced errors over what used to be the case in the 90s.

I had no idea what you was talking about there so looked it up - he was twice her age. I'm talking about the active game, plus they used spaghetti rackets back then.

Nevertheless he was a former world number 1. You were suggesting that any old man who plays a bit could beat professional women.

Nevertheless he was a former world number 1. You were suggesting that any old man who plays a bit could beat professional women.

Without a spaghetti racket, yes.

I genuinely didn't perceive any double entendre value in my earlier comment but now, thanks to gadget's intervention, I realise that it sounds positively filthy.

You knew perfectly well what you were saying.

Aurelius-1041688076-medium.jpg

appropriate_term.png

Yes, maybe a little harsh with my comparison, although the reason a bunch of DJ’s wouldn’t beat the women at tennis is maybe more to do with it not being the national sport. I’ve no doubt Chris Evans probably enjoys a game of football, much like Baddiel and Skinner and the like. I think you’d be able to find plenty of blokes who have never played professional or club tennis but enjoy a game who could easily beat a lot of the women (at tennis!).

I think more than anything I’m just (a bit!) bitter at the damn scheduling! Going to be out most of today and by the time I get home it looks as if it’ll be all wimmens, maybe with Seppi/Almagro late on.

:(

Not a chance, not a single, solitary chance.

I could kick most people's ass these days at tennis, men or women, but against one of the professional women I'd struggle to win any of even my service games, as for Serena, I'd be pleased to win a point.

I have rallied a bit with a girl who wasn't even in the top 100, it was an eye-opener, believe me.

We didn't play a set because it wouldn't have been worth it.

I managed to get a few first serves past her and one or two returns when she served it close enough to me, but I wouldn't have won more than a game or two, tops.

She was a goddess, about my height (185), blonde, beautiful, poor English, she failed to qualify for Wimbledon that year and I've never seen or heard of her since.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Sexes_(tennis)

Karsten Braasch vs. the Williams sisters

A fourth event dubbed "Battle of the sexes" took place during the 1998 Australian Open[19] between the 203rd ranked male player Karsten Braasch and the Williams sisters. The match took place on court number 12 in Melbourne Park.[20] First Braasch - who was 30 at the time - took on Venus Williams and beat her 6–2. He also played Serena Williams and won 6–1 after the Williams sisters, who were 17 and 16 at the time, said they could beat any man ranked 200 or worse. [21] Braasch said afterwards, "500 and above, no chance" as he claimed he had played like someone ranked 600 in order to keep the game "fun."[22]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Sexes_(tennis)

Karsten Braasch vs. the Williams sisters

A fourth event dubbed "Battle of the sexes" took place during the 1998 Australian Open[19] between the 203rd ranked male player Karsten Braasch and the Williams sisters. The match took place on court number 12 in Melbourne Park.[20] First Braasch - who was 30 at the time - took on Venus Williams and beat her 6–2. He also played Serena Williams and won 6–1 after the Williams sisters, who were 17 and 16 at the time, said they could beat any man ranked 200 or worse. [21] Braasch said afterwards, "500 and above, no chance" as he claimed he had played like someone ranked 600 in order to keep the game "fun."[22]

That's fine, I think this would still be the case although Serena has come on quite a bit since then.

You're talking about a male professional player, ranked 200, OK, but still a world away from a club player.

What was suggested was that a decent club player could beat the professional women and this is definitely not the case.