House Price Crash Forum
SleepyHead

Ukip Trying To Block Help2Buy - Radio Clip

UKIP has zero political clout in Westminster.

How exactly are they going to block anything?

I don't know, the recent local elections seemed to freak the Tories out.

Even people not particularly obsessed with housing seem to be clocking on to the idea this is just a bad copy of the US's failed Fannie Mae/Freddie mac mis-adventures.

God help Camoron if people actually start taking an interest in his vile policies.

Even people not particularly obsessed with housing seem to be clocking on to the idea this is just a bad copy of the US's failed Fannie Mae/Freddie mac mis-adventures.

God help Camoron if people actually start taking an interest in his vile policies.

yup

There is only one way out of this mess and that is reality back into the economy, where is the free market this government talk about when they want to prop the housing market up all the time.

The housing market is the result of an economy not a economy a country can run on which the last government and this one think . They should be concentrating on a real economy which is manufacturing which is the heart of any economy.

Indeed.

Here's a story in Mortgage Solutions, written by the same author that pushed a calculation by a VI who subsequently popped up on here to defend it a couple of months ago.

UKIP launches attack on Essex first-time buyer scheme

Mortgage Solutions | 29 May 2013 | 14:20

Julia Rampen

http://www.mortgagesolutions.co.uk/mortgage-solutions/news/2271253/ukip-launches-attack-on-essex-firsttime-buyer-scheme

The interview is pretty poor really, Tories defending Brownite housing policies are rightly on a hiding to nothing. The big theme was that people who buy houses buy stuff to fill them with. It's amazing how many of them are in favour of such nonsense though, my local MP was keen to tell me what a great idea he thought it was when I wrote to him criticising the scheme.

Edited by cheeznbreed

That Tory Councillor was either a ramping, slimy turd of a VI, or a typical brainwashed Brit idiot.

Pwoperty ladder this, pwopert ladder that. What an absolute f***ing ar$ehole, and pretty much a summary of why this country is such a pointless dump.

:angry:

How can we find out what his VI is? It's a shame councillors aren't as easy to search out as MPs on They Work for You..

B

UKIP has zero political clout in Westminster.

How exactly are they going to block anything?

The clip refers to Essex County Council that appear to be running or advocating it. Therefore local government, and UKIP do have some clout at local level.

Does anyone know which level of government Help2Buy is run by? I assume it's the county councils that have to implement it.

Edited by sleeping dog

And generally causing the Tories to run around like headless chickens.

Headless?

More like multi-headed, with the heads all pulling in different directions.

Would you rather have Brown back? We all knew that whoever followed his scorched earth policy was picking up a poisoned chalice.

The clip refers to Essex County Council that appear to be running or advocating it. Therefore local government, and UKIP do have some clout at local level.

Does anyone know which level of government Help2Buy is run by? I assume it's the county councils that have to implement it.

Moat runs the agency office for UK.guv in Essex according to the website.

However, the criteria is dictated centrally from Westminster, where UKIP has no foothold.

Edited by cashinmattress

Would you rather have Brown back? We all knew that whoever followed his scorched earth policy was picking up a poisoned chalice.

That's the chilling thing Bruce, we are now faced with the choice between two turds with the choice of which we should eat.

The Coalition needed to take the UK into a massive recession immediately on taking office and use the QE to save the economy from the consequences of that, what they did was pretty much carry on with Labour policies.

That's the chilling thing Bruce, we are now faced with the choice between two turds with the choice of which we should eat.

The Coalition needed to take the UK into a massive recession immediately on taking office and use the QE to save the economy from the consequences of that, what they did was pretty much carry on with Labour policies.

Had it not been a coalition that may have been possible.

You really believe Dave and Georgie would have had the balls for that if they had a majority?

Never in a million years, it would have required not being in the banks pockets, plus they would have needed the integrity to essentially commit 2015 electoral suicide for the good of the nation.

It's one thing to come into office to clear up a mess, and no sane person would deny there was a big mess to clear up, but at the same time Osborne seems hell-bent on repeating policy failures of Brown. Three years in, the country is of course still dealing with the overspend from the previous administration but Osborne now has a track record in office and it does not make particularly great reading for those of us who want to see the UK in a situation where receipts and spending are in approximate equilibrium, to within a few percent say.

UK Government gap between receipt and spending is over £300/month/household. I've heard no serious discussion on how the two numbers (receipts/spending) will be brought together. The deficit has dropped by ~a third since the election, but there is scant serious indication of where the next £100Bn or so of tax rises/spending cuts are going to come from to get things properly sorted out.

The Conservatives are heading for a bashing in 2015, and if Osborne keeps punting out housing policies which are slush funds for lobbyists, it will be richly deserved. I wrote to my own Conservative MP to criticise the "Help to Buy". scheme and he defended it.

You really believe Dave and Georgie would have had the balls for that if they had a majority?

Never in a million years, it would have required not being in the banks pockets, plus they would have needed the integrity to essentially commit 2015 electoral suicide for the good of the nation.

Actually, can you think of a politician in living memory, other than the late Mrs T, who could have pulled it off?

I'm still hoping that the plan is to be seen to do what the indebted want whilst engineering their downfall. Well, I can dream and I see no credible alternative after Brown's scorched earth policy.

You are really blinkered when it comes to the Tory party. Everything is the fault of those nasty Liberals?

Even Brown didn't take Index Linked Certificates from circulation or have his gimps at the BoE do a Funding for Lending Scheme to take saving rates so low. Help to Buy on existing homes!

Come back crash Gordon all is forgiven compared to this lot.

Actually, can you think of a politician in living memory, other than the late Mrs T, who could have pulled it off?

I'm still hoping that the plan is to be seen to do what the indebted want whilst engineering their downfall. Well, I can dream and I see no credible alternative after Brown's scorched earth policy.

Bruce, not to be rude, but you are genuinely deluding yourself. Picking up a poisoned chalice is one thing, adding more poison to it is another... do you genuinely believe it would have been different if the tories had had an outright majority?

Bruce, not to be rude, but you are genuinely deluding yourself. Picking up a poisoned chalice is one thing, adding more poison to it is another... do you genuinely believe it would have been different if the tories had had an outright majority?

Possibly, but we'll never know. What I do know is that it was good to see the back of Brown.

As for adding more poison, I think you missed the point, I'm hoping that the poison is a placebo.

You are really blinkered when it comes to the Tory party. Everything is the fault of those nasty Liberals?

Even Brown didn't take Index Linked Certificates from circulation or have his gimps at the BoE do a Funding for Lending Scheme to take saving rates so low. Help to Buy on existing homes!

Come back crash Gordon all is forgiven compared to this lot.

It's not the nasty Liberals, it's the weakness of a coalition, no real direction.

I dread to think what horrors Brown would have come up with by now, had he been re-elected elected.

Tory guy lost it, started hurling insults at the UKIP bloke instead of debating the potential problems highlighted. Petulant and amateurish.

UKIP guy did well to stick to his points.

Tory guy lost it, started hurling insults at the UKIP bloke instead of debating the potential problems highlighted. Petulant and amateurish.

UKIP guy did well to stick to his points.

I don't imagine it's much fun trying to defend the indefensible.