House Price Crash Forum
Coffeehead

Leeds Council Get Round Bedroom Tax

]

But the Tory councillor Barry Anderson said: "The government implemented this for a reason … the money has to come from the housing and revenue account, but it has not been made clear which area will absorb the reduction. Will local community projects lose out?"

He added: "It does not solve the core of the problem. There needs to more advice for people on housing benefits … hardworking, good tenants may lose out."

I've taken the opportunity to correct the Councillor's comment. I am sure he appreciates my assistance.

I have decided to classify the other people who live in my house as non-specific expenses, so I will be applying for my single person's council tax reduction today.

These Councillors just don't get it do they...everyone is skint and they are taking from one set of people who can't afford it to another set of people who haven't work for it.

it's a sad state of affairs.

Yeah, because councils are really smart and looking to save money for the community!

In Leeds council's case they probably represent their core support, welfare for life. F**k the tax payers who have to pay for housing benefit.

1. Let the legal battle between central government and Leeds Council begin. The lawyers for both sides will be rubbing their hands with glee.

2. This is central government's own fault for trying to deal with one of the many distortions in the housing sector (particularly the huge gulf in price and tenure between private sector and government tenants) by introducing yet another distortion.

This is central government's own fault for trying to deal with one of the many distortions in the housing sector (particularly the huge gulf in price and tenure between private sector and government tenants) by introducing yet another distortion.

Yes.

It's fine to cut housing benefit, in fact they should aim to remove it long term. However to do this, they also need to build a shedload of social housing, which the banks don't want as all the sh1t houses in the UK used by councils and housing associations to house people would suddenly be worth a lot less.