House Price Crash Forum

Universities In Uproar Over ‘Rate Your Shag’ Facebook Pages

HOLA441

http://www.independent.co.uk/student/news/universities-in-uproar-over-rate-your-shag-facebook-pages-8635173.html

Facebook pages that encourage students to rate the performance of their sexual partners have provoked uproar on university campuses across the country and may leave the social networking giant open to legal action.

“Rate Your Shag” pages have rapidly spread to scores of UK universities. Users are exhorted to “name them, shame them and if you must, praise them”. Sexual partners are rated out of 10 with added “comments and gossip”. While some posts are humorous, others include the names of individuals apparently unaware their performances are being publicly rated.

In just 72 hours the pages have been “liked” by almost 20,000 users. At Newcastle University more than 8,000 people have signed up for updates on their neighbours’ sexual activities. One user posted: “Poor effort. you obv think you’re doing a great job. Shouting “I’M SO GOOD AT THIS” never helps. I did enjoy the location though. Better luck next time 2/10 [sic].”

The identities of those making the ratings are protected, but those of their victims are not, a feature that could leave Facebook, as well as individual posters, vulnerable to court action, lawyers warned.

Will the jury all get a turn to establish if in Miss X or Mr Y are in fact crap in bed? I mean there could be no other way to objectively test the claim? :lol:

It would certainly make a good court case about why Miss X isn't crap in bed and in fact it's the rater that was the crap shag....

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Don't know what to think about this.

It should at least prevent people going through life thinking they are a fantastic sh*g when they aren't, and vice-versa, but as it's partly a matter of personal chemistry some people's crap sh*g will be another's brilliant one.

We've all bedded someone who clearly thought they were fabulous and found them to be otherwise.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Archived