House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
betonr

U.s.: Big Investors Quietly Slip Out The Back Door On Housing As "stupid Money" Jumps In

“All the people who made money during the gold rush in California, they were selling the buckets and shovels,” Gordon said. “I think there is gold in them there hills, but you’re going to have to dig deep. And hopefully you’re going to need more than one shovel.”

Carrington may start buying rental homes again when other large investors decide to sell after learning they can’t make returns that justify the prices they paid, Rose said.

“We’ll sit back in the weeds for a while and wait for a couple of blowups,” he said. “There’ll be a point in time when we’ll be happy to get back into the market at levels that make more sense.”

I believe this will happen soon in the UK as well.. I've noticed, while looking for a flat, that some BTL investors are putting properties they've bought 2 years ago on sale.

Link to ZeroHedge

I believe this will happen soon in the UK as well.. I've noticed, while looking for a flat, that some BTL investors are putting properties they've bought 2 years ago on sale.

Link to ZeroHedge

The yields on rental property have been low since 2002, but "investors" kept telling themselves it didn't matter as they'd get capital growth.

Today the yields look better than the bank and that may be driving some to invest, but I am not sure where the capital growth is going to come from. Some foreign buyers may have been duped into buying in London as a safe haven and with Sterling haven fallen, but that is only temporary.