House Price Crash Forum

Councils Spending Millions Housing People In Travelodge Etc

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

You forgot the biggest one of all, no Council Tax, although the people on benefits probably have no idea what that is.

Not to mention No water rates, no gas and electric bills. And no TV licence...

HOLA444

Not to mention No water rates, no gas and electric bills. And no TV licence...

Stayed in a nice TL in Potishead for not much more than £10 a night....very comfortable...also one in Madrid, think that was around 10 euros a night, very good value, the bus outside took us into the centre of Madrid 1 euro a book of 10 tickets for ten journeys on bus or underground 10 euros. ;)

HOLA445

Near me, just outside the M25 to the South of London the local Travellodge offers rooms at less than £20/night provided you book online. The hotel is a converted office block which I used to work in - it has always been my ambition to spend the night in my old office which is now a bedroom ;-)

Around here a studio rental would cost you about £600/pcm so it is on a par with the hotel - although I think living longterm in a hotel would not be nice, unless it's the Ritz.

Always remember to keep chasing those dreams.

With hard work and frugal living you will make that £20 and that room can be yours for the night.