House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
assetpriceinflation

Fed Reserve To Stop Printing Money Supply Figs

Oh come on you have to laugh.

when you about to commit the biggest fraud probably in the history of the world the least you can do is disable the alarm systems. by that I mean this is just the fed gearing up to print billions of dollars worth of greenbacks once the credit environment goes sour and they start ripping off all those nations which hold dollars as "reserve" assets. e.g our great nation that sold all of the Bank of England's gold and swapped it for dollars at $200/oz bargin.

Interesting article in this week's Moneyweek. 02 Dec 2005.

Apparently one of the reasons the Fed gave for eliminating M3 was due to cost cutting, which they reckon is quite laughable.

A more serious issue could be Ben Bernanke wanting to inflate away American debt.

Quite handy, he can just say that the guy before him dropped M3. <_<

Edited by BandWagon

Oh come on you have to laugh.

when you about to commit the biggest fraud probably in the history of the world the least you can do is disable the alarm systems. by that I mean this is just the fed gearing up to print billions of dollars worth of greenbacks once the credit environment goes sour and they start ripping off all those nations which hold dollars as "reserve" assets. e.g our great nation that sold all of the Bank of England's gold and swapped it for dollars at $200/oz bargin.

As I understand it, the Fed does not have much control over M3. It is the banks which create the M3 money by buying up government debt, corporate debt and personal debt (mortgages, etc). They have the greatest influence over M0 which is overnight interbank loans I think.

Besides, M3 seems to have been dropping of late, not surprising considerng interest rates have gone up.

As I understand it, the Fed does not have much control over M3. It is the banks which create the M3 money by buying up government debt, corporate debt and personal debt (mortgages, etc). They have the greatest influence over M0 which is overnight interbank loans I think.

Besides, M3 seems to have been dropping of late, not surprising considerng interest rates have gone up.

M0 is narrow money M3 is total money. M0 is the total ammount of notes + coins in circulation so yes effectivly they have control but it doesnt matter. M3 has gone up by 7-15% in most developed contries in the past year. US no exception. the fed has control over the cost of money but these days it just "creates" money by changing a number.