House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SHERWICK

Man-Made Clouds To Produce Rain. How Difficult Can It Be?!

I'm surprised that scientists haven't managed to find a way to make clouds (and thus rain) yet? I've read about a bit of progress over the years, but nothing seems to have come of it.

This would make a huge difference to vast areas of the world if it ever happens...

Come on guys, it's 2013 not 1973!!!

I'm surprised that scientists haven't managed to find a way to make clouds (and thus rain) yet? I've read about a bit of progress over the years, but nothing seems to have come of it.

This would make a huge difference to vast areas of the world if it ever happens...

Did you have to Mr Sherwick...?

Now you just know we're now in for a chem-trail fest - fasten up your tin-foil-hats, we may experience some turbulence...

XYY

1369723073[/url]' post='909330522']

Did you have to Mr Sherwick...?

Now you just know we're now in for a chem-trail fest - fasten up your tin-foil-hats, we may experience some turbulence...

XYY

I forgot about that sad.gif

We already know how - plant lots of trees (even better, dont cut down the ones there)

Unfortunately in many parts of the world, wealthy vested interests don't want this.

Guest eight

You don't find it odd that last year's drought was followed by twelve months of rain? :ph34r:

1369727685[/url]' post='909330549']

You don't find it odd that last year's drought was followed by twelve months of rain? :ph34r:

No. I live in the UK.

ObPedant: Ten months.

Cloud seeding is old technology (yes it worked in 1973 too). ISTR it's been used for recent olympic ceremonies, to ensure rain comes at a good time and not when not wanted.

But it doesn't create water from base metal or anything like that. The water needs to be there! That's why we can't just water the deserts.

Guest eight

No. I live in the UK.

:lol: Sadly true.

Anyway, I thought cloud seeding was actually quite a well established technology?

One thing I only learned about the other day was that farmers use the downdraft from helicopters to churn up the ground/air temperature mix in order to prevent frost.