House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

House Prices See Sharpest Rise In Six Years With Some Areas Up 25%... But Experts Say It's Because Not Enough Homes Are For Sale

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2331642/House-prices-sharpest-rise-years-areas-Brixton-25.html

Overall prices rose by 0.4 per cent month-on-month in May, report finds

Competition boost made it strongest uplift since same month in 2007

Haart estate agent in Brixton, London, says it's 'boom time' for sales

House prices have seen their sharpest rise in six years - with some areas up 25 per cent in just 12 months, it emerged today.

Overall prices rose by 0.4 per cent month-on-month in May - marking the strongest uplift since the same month in 2007 - as a shortage of homes for sale boosted buyer competition, a report said.

And Paul Markey, an estate agent for Haart in the gentrifying neighbourhood of Brixton, south London, said it was ‘boom time’ and he had seen prices rise by 25 per cent there in one year.

Quick buy now before you get priced out!

Sarah O'Greedy won't be happy seeing the Wail steeling her thunder (although she'd conveniently forget to put in the bit about not enough houses being on the market).

Some good bear comments at the bottom.

Edited by TheNoSnowMan

Unfortunatly i can see myself being priced out again by bloody buy to let. Lot of houses i been tracking for ages sold recently and are now starting to come back on market for rent!

Incredible that we have a government doing everything it can just to help buy to let. I'd love to see it all fall down and see buy to let landlords get done over, baby boomers have had it so easy, i have to work with these arseh@les day in day out advising me i'll never buy because i am being so unrealsitic.

And Paul Markey, an estate agent for Haart in the gentrifying neighbourhood of Brixton

The gentrifying neighbourhood of Brixton? Surely not the Brixton I was in a few months ago where they have signs on the bus shelters warning you to beware of muggers :rolleyes:.

Unfortunatly i can see myself being priced out again by bloody buy to let. Lot of houses i been tracking for ages sold recently and are now starting to come back on market for rent!

Incredible that we have a government doing everything it can just to help buy to let. I'd love to see it all fall down and see buy to let landlords get done over, baby boomers have had it so easy, i have to work with these arseh@les day in day out advising me i'll never buy because i am being so unrealsitic.

+1

The article says biggest rise since May '07. Interesting parallel, wonder if that's where we are again Mid 2007. That same, unfounded optimism is abound. Same people at work advising their kids to make property moves that proved disasterous in '07.

+1

I am thinking they are feeding all this money to the BTL Landlords so helping more of them to

pile in which in time will bring down rents as more will be on the market looking for tenants.

I am seeing property advertised staying longer on there books in my area.

So let the suckers pile in.