House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spyguy

Spain - Still Sinking

I see the Huff wants to become the US version of the Daily Wail, same right hand side column with celebs and other nonsense. <_<

I see the Huff wants to become the US version of the Daily Wail, same right hand side column with celebs and other nonsense. <_<

As The Daily Mail is the world's most popular website (I like it, though not as much as interestrateripoff does obviously) then its format will get copied. Including that celebrity fluff nonsense in the sidebar.

To preserve the current top three stories for posterity:

Amanda Bynes Rihanna Amanda Bynes Attacks Rihanna On Twitter

Arrested Development Returns Is The New 'Arrested Development' Good? Bad?

Khloe Kardashian Skinny Khloe Kardashian Rocks Super Tight Jeans

I haven't clicked on them for fear my brain will try to escape my pressing skull through my sinus cavity.

As The Daily Mail is the world's most popular website...... snipped....

Is this true? Do you have a source?

I always thought because of its politics most people saw it as one not to take too seriously......

Is this true? Do you have a source?

I always thought because of its politics most people saw it as one not to take too seriously......

Claire Balding said it on HIGNFY when she was getting all pompous about the side bar, this was when they were lining up to defend the BBC against it's paeod-friendly presenter policy. It was linked from here (I don't watch it as I find Hislop deeply unfunny).

Second most popular newspaper site (not website as I said, google, facebook etc. storm that) end of 2011:

Mail Online becomes world's second most popular newspaper site

Associated Newspapers' online network passes Huffington Post with 39.6m unique visitors in March

Mail Online 19 April 2011

Mail Online is now only second to the New York Times website

Mail Online, Associated Newspapers' online network, has overtaken the Huffington Post to become the second most popular news website in the world in March, according to new figures from metrics firm comScore.

Arianna Huffington's groundbreaking news and opinion website, which was bought by AOL for $315m (£193m) in February, was leapfrogged by Mail Online, which is now second only to the New York Times in ComScore's "newspapers" category.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/apr/19/mail-online-website-popular

http://mostpopularwebsites.net/101-150/

Spain's new submarine err sinks.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/24/spain-submarine-s-81-isaac-peral-cant-float_n_3328683.html

Spain does have a sense of the last days of a corrupt, useless regime about it.

That sort of project has a habit of going badly wrong. The Charles de Gaul was built with a runway too short for the Mirage to take off from, and our gov't managed to design a financial setup where it was more expensive to build one than two. When Norwegian Ula class submarines were first deployed in the Med, they had to return urgently to Norway as they couldn't cope with water temperatures below the arctic. The less said about the Canadian Victoria Class (ex-Upholder Class) the better...

That sort of project has a habit of going badly wrong. The Charles de Gaul was built with a runway too short for the Mirage to take off from, and our gov't managed to design a financial setup where it was more expensive to build one than two. When Norwegian Ula class submarines were first deployed in the Med, they had to return urgently to Norway as they couldn't cope with water temperatures below the arctic. The less said about the Canadian Victoria Class (ex-Upholder Class) the better...

Pretty much all big defence projects go like this, which is why the daily wail cries of "britains latest x is useless" posted on here are largely meaningless.

Recent examples that I can think of include F35 (development issues), F22 maintainance, Astute class subs (corrosion IIRC) and Typhoon (harness/ejection system). I could go on.

As The Daily Mail is the world's most popular website (I like it, though not as much as interestrateripoff does obviously) then its format will get copied. Including that celebrity fluff nonsense in the sidebar.

To preserve the current top three stories for posterity:

I haven't clicked on them for fear my brain will try to escape my pressing skull through my sinus cavity.

Every click on the DM website adds a bit more stupid to mankind's collective conciousness.

Stop doing it NOW! That's an order.

I don't see what the problem with the submarine is.

Submarines aren't supposed to float. They're supposed to sink.

What they have done is develop a technologically advanced submarine that can stay underwater indefinitely. Whether they want it to or not.

I don't see what the problem with the submarine is.

Submarines aren't supposed to float. They're supposed to sink.

What they have done is develop a technologically advanced submarine that can stay underwater indefinitely. Whether they want it to or not.

Sub-marine. The clue is in the name. :)