House Price Crash Forum

Expat Struggling To Sell Thread

Catch22

HOLA441

I love popping over to the Expat house selling threads, as some of the quotes make it obvious that these hopefull Expats sure ain't adding to a "Brain Drain"

Expats Thread

I'm not sure that dropping the price would do that much at the moment as there doesn't seem to be anyone buying in the area at all!!! All of the houses that have been on the market before i put mine on, are still there and struggling!!!

All other things taken into consideration there is a price for everything and everything has a price, if it ain't selling it's............... :rolleyes:

HOLA442

All other things taken into consideration there is a price for everything and everything has a price, if it ain't selling it's............... :rolleyes:

.......... all the fault of thos dumb buyers who can't spot an absolute bargain (at only £20k more than the road ceiling price) when it's in front of them..............?

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Hi,

Ouch indeed! Listen to another thread from another poster there.

Lynne: We're in roughly the same boat. Our house was rented by people for six months, when they first saw it they were full of praise and promises of buying if we wanted to sell. When it came to crunch time they offered us £120K when it had been valued at £195K. So they moved out - taking the curtains, poles and nets - and now it is empty and bare, and in my view vulnerable. We've had it on the market since they moved out, three weeks, but not had a sniff of interest from a buyer. We are renting here, and paying the mortgage there. Our savings are gone, and my UK overdraft climbing. I wish we'd sold before we left the UK.

Terrible, terrible, terrible. House price inflation, pyramid schemes, fools gold economics, always ends in tears. Negative equity, lifelong debt, destruction of communities and family life, destruction of business and industry. Destroys economies, destroys peoples dreams. Tut, tut Mr Gordon Brown. Shame on you Kirsty Allsop.

Edited by boom_and_bust

HOLA446

There maybe a glimmer of hope for you. We have just put our house on the market and our agent reckons there is going to be quite a boom in Jan/Feb 06 as people decide to move before the new law comes into affect in 2007 where sellers will have to fork out upto £1000 to get a sellers pack together.

The market in our area is picking up, house prices are going up again slowly and our agent is having their best results of the year.

Best advice we have been given is to put your house on the market at the lower end of the price bracket to get maximum interest.

I really hope everything works out for you

Now this I like. Who is more desperate the estate agent or the people believing this stuff.

HOLA447

Now this I like. Who is more desperate the estate agent or the people believing this stuff.

Hi,

Yes, its very logical. People will be rushing to sell their properties because of that few hundred quid for sellers packs. Quick! Quick! I am worried about a few extra hundred quid to fork out on a seller's pack when it's going to cost me another hundred grand or two to trade up. Must move quickly to avoid the dealine.

HOLA448

This thread is even worse...they'll do anything rather than reduce the price to one at which it will sell.....

Hi,

We may have to rent out our UK property due to the cr*p state of the housing market right now. But I need some advice on a hyperthetical scenario.

If we rent we reckon that there would be a surplus of rental income of about £1,000 per year. Now taking into account an avg of 2% increase in rent per annum, plus compound interest paid on the balance over a period of 20yrs I reckon we would have in the region of £50K in 20 yrs time from this.

:blink:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=337413

HOLA449

Hi,

Yes, its very logical. People will be rushing to sell their properties because of that few hundred quid for sellers packs. Quick! Quick! I am worried about a few extra hundred quid to fork out on a seller's pack when it's going to cost me another hundred grand or two to trade up. Must move quickly to avoid the dealine.

Indeed, a huge rush of new properties onto the market will definitely (or should I say 'deffo') drive prices upwards towards the sky, more properties + fewer buyers = price rises for ever.

All is fine in Teletubby land.

HOLA4410