House Price Crash Forum

Scientist Predicts 60% Market Collapse

GinAndPlatonic

HOLA441

http://www.moneynews.com/MKTnews/Market-Collapse-Predicted-By-Scientist/2013/03/13/id/494569?promo_code=13001-1

Chris Martenson is a world-renowned expert on identifying dangerous, yet hidden, exponential growth patterns in global economies, energy demand, and food consumption...

And he is predicting a 60% stock market collapse will strike in the next three months

HOLA442

And he is predicting a 60% stock market collapse will strike in the next three months[/i]

So, even if we have a "triple-top", the factors for each of the previous drops are not consistent and the responses at the time have not been the same either. I think we now know governments will kick this can as long as they can. Sure it will all come crashing down one way or another eventually. In the next six months - who knows, but IMHO not likely.

HOLA443

So, even if we have a "triple-top", the factors for each of the previous drops are not consistent and the responses at the time have not been the same either. I think we now know governments will kick this can as long as they can. Sure it will all come crashing down one way or another eventually. In the next six months - who knows, but IMHO not likely.

If things do start falling down around them, then what are they going to do?

Lower interest rates? Oops.
Print more money? They cant just give it away, it have to be borrowed from the central banks and usually requires collateral even if it is junk.
Robert Wiedemer — an economist best known for correctly predicting the collapse of the U.S. housing market of 2006 and the stock market collapse of 2008 — provides disturbing evidence for 50 percent unemployment, a 90 percent stock market crash, and 100 percent annual inflation . . . starting this year.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.moneynews.com/MKTnews/Market-Collapse-Predicted-By-Scientist/2013/03/13/id/494569?promo_code=13001-1#ixzz2U9MrVMOG

Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

So stocks sell of, but what does the money flow into to cause 100% yoy inflation? The only place it could be is wages :blink:

HOLA444

Ok, I have watched the advert/interview now.

To sum it up the guy says that the printing will lead to 100% yoy inflation, rates will rise and stocks will crash.

I still think that it will be hard to get 100% yoy inflation if wages are not rising and credit is not being handed out like it's 2005.

My other thoughts are:

Q) Why were interest rates so high in the past?

A) Because savers outnumbered debtors and because nobody wanted to borrow money competition was higher. Perhaps it was caused by a post war must save and conserve mentality.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Basically yes. Its a guns n beans site, with a paid for newsletter.

Always beware of people peddling knowledge which you need to pay for up front.

I am not sure if it was that site, but I recall someone posting a link to a site that was doing just as you describe, about a year ago. It was framed like a news report studio interview but was really just an Infomercial.

HOLA4412

My other thoughts are:

Q) Why were interest rates so high in the past?

A) Because savers outnumbered debtors and because nobody wanted to borrow money competition was higher. Perhaps it was caused by a post war must save and conserve mentality.

This is bum backwards, sorry.

More savers mean less competition for their money. (hence QE displaces reliance on savers and hey presto low interest rates) Less debtors mean lower rates for them too as lenders are competing to attract them with lower rates, not higher.

Also I expect that in the past, money was real money. Derivatives, less emphasis on real reserves and various bank printed credit instruments and frankly bizarre methods like rehypothecation have inflated the effective money banks can lend. Plenty of this non-money now finds itself opposite existing housing stock and landbanks on the ledger.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

http://www.moneynews.com/MKTnews/Market-Collapse-Predicted-By-Scientist/2013/03/13/id/494569?promo_code=13001-1

Chris Martenson is a world-renowned expert on identifying dangerous, yet hidden, exponential growth patterns in global economies, energy demand, and food consumption...

And he is predicting a 60% stock market collapse will strike in the next three months

He's a biomechanical scientist apparently, but I'm not sure how that qualifies him to make predictions. My missus is a cognitive neuroscientist, but I don't rely on her market predictions.

HOLA4415

He's a biomechanical scientist apparently, but I'm not sure how that qualifies him to make predictions. My missus is a cognitive neuroscientist, but I don't rely on her market predictions.

:blink:

I take all experts with a pinch of salt..some repeat what they have been taught..others blag their way through life..some are just plain daft.. just a very,very, small percentage are capable of truly original thought, stimulated by what they have learned on the way..

HOLA4416