House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
brookiesmiler

Sold

House placed with estate agent today in Nottingham, board up at 3pm, couple driving past ask to see it. Sold at asking price 3.30pm. Is this a record? I've checked and they have the cash. Whatever is causing the phenomenon houses look like they are moving again as I have been watching the market here for the last year. My guess is pent up demand and a general belief that things are changing. Might well be wrong, I wouldn't be on this forum if I wasn't skeptical, but public sentiment seems to have shifted. Anyway, still in shock, was resigned to having on the market for a year and then reducing the price. Mind you the asking price is 4% down on what I paid in 2007 and I have improved it a fair bit. Still, never expected.

House placed with estate agent today in Nottingham, board up at 3pm, couple driving past ask to see it. Sold at asking price 3.30pm. Is this a record? I've checked and they have the cash. Whatever is causing the phenomenon houses look like they are moving again as I have been watching the market here for the last year. My guess is pent up demand and a general belief that things are changing. Might well be wrong, I wouldn't be on this forum if I wasn't skeptical, but public sentiment seems to have shifted. Anyway, still in shock, was resigned to having on the market for a year and then reducing the price. Mind you the asking price is 4% down on what I paid in 2007 and I have improved it a fair bit. Still, never expected.

Sounds like you should have had a higher price!

Let us know if it goes through! Houses can be like that at any time - someone has been waiting for just what they want and there it is, so they pounce. If they are not sold in the first 4 weeks then they often sit about for a while. Just sold one myself. It was sold for £18k less than asking - in a vibrant part of the South East - sussex -. it was not in a great position so u can only get what is offered. It has taken 6 weeks to get an offer where they could proceed.

Sounds like you should have had a higher price!

Yes now I am beginning to wonder, the whole process is a mess, buying and selling wondering if you have paid too much sold too cheap. The sooner the spikes are put of the market and houses become places to live the better.

Yes now I am beginning to wonder, the whole process is a mess, buying and selling wondering if you have paid too much sold too cheap. The sooner the spikes are put of the market and houses become places to live the better.

That sounds a bit contradictory. On the one hand you want houses to be places to live in, nothing more, and on the other hand you start to speculate if you could have got more. Sounds a bit selfish and greedy to me.

So your house was on sale for less than 1/2 an hour and within 2 hours of the offer you are able to check that some people you dont know have the money to afford it and then post about it on a forum

Doubt many people are going to believe this

So your house was on sale for less than 1/2 an hour and within 2 hours of the offer you are able to check that some people you dont know have the money to afford it and then post about it on a forum

Doubt many people are going to believe this

Yeah you might be reaching a bit on this one. Course to deter further accusations of astro-turfin, you'll now have to hang around and post all sorts of made up HPC small-talk before people will trust you.

Can you really be arsed?

Only an estate agent would be stupid enough to think that post would be believed by anyone.

I have a question for the estate agent, how do you people manage to dress yourselves in the morning when you are thick as you are? You were the kid at school who went largely unnoticed and ate the glue right? Bad at everything? No hope no future right? Bored out of your tiny mind in an office job you hate waiting for 5 o clock 5 days a week wondering if this is really your life? I was just wondering.

:lol:

House placed with estate agent today in Nottingham, board up at 3pm, couple driving past ask to see it. Sold at asking price 3.30pm. Is this a record?

When I wanted to sell mine (2003), I went to see a builder on the same road to get some brickwork done to tidy up the entrance. I told him I was selling and he agreed to buy it that day. We then contacted three agents, picked the average estimate, split the EA savings and it all went through.

Turned out he had wanted the house for a long time as it meant he could have a shorter walk to the pub.

When I wanted to sell mine (2003), I went to see a builder on the same road to get some brickwork done to tidy up the entrance. I told him I was selling and he agreed to buy it that day. We then contacted three agents, picked the average estimate, split the EA savings and it all went through.

Turned out he had wanted the house for a long time as it meant he could have a shorter walk to the pub.

Sometimes you need a bit of luck.

I had a similar experience when I sold my business, in 2008, to retire. Put out feelers to possible interested parties, but nothing happening. Was chatting to a supplier on the phone and he said he'd really like to buy it as it would fit well with his business. All was completed in a couple of months without wasting any money on lawyers, probably a couple of days work for our normal accountants.

Has it gone through yet ? :lol: