House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Newsnight - Qe Created Bubbles In Stocks And Houses

Three guests on the prog tell Paxman that QE is causing more harm and is just creating bubbles in stocks and houses.

Do you recall who they were? Weale? Sentence? Or any another random [wo]man in the street with a scrap of common sense?

Do you recall who they were? Weale? Sentence? Or any another random [wo]man in the street with a scrap of common sense?

That FT lady Gillian Tate, the City AM chap Alistair Heath and a Yank.

That FT lady Gillian Tate, the City AM chap Alistair Heath and a Yank.

Thx, I will try to catch it online or on the World News channel if they include it in their Newsnight compilation later in the week.

Is the BBC pushing a negative agenda of late? We now have the personal inflation calculator to remind us how much poorer we are;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7610430.stm

We've had relatively pessimistic comments on HPC recently. And now they are criticising QE. Are we in the midst of a 'soft' coup? Are they attempting to set the mood music before 2015 and in so doing pave the way for a return of the Labour Overlords?

Stocks, bonds, commodities, food, energy, metals, real estate...

Or to put it another way...tax payers money used to inflate the price of the stuff we need and the rich sell us!!!!

Or to put it another way...tax payers money used to inflate the price of the stuff we need and the rich sell us!!!!

The newly created money is being filtered into a few hands only and staying there......there is NO trickle down, little sharing.....more like squirrelled into new and ingenious inventive hiding places, stored for later, not spent today. ;)

It was a very odd piece, "stocks are really high, they probably will crash, SELL"

To be honest I can understand why people are putting their money in the stock market with savings rates now down at 1%.

If people don't mind risking their capital then good luck to them, I for one see nothing but financial problems for UK and Europe for the next 5 years so the chances of winning for the majority must be small.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

To be honest I can understand why people are putting their money in the stock market with savings rates now down at 1%.

If people don't mind risking their capital then good luck to them, I for one see nothing but financial problems for UK and Europe for the next 5 years so the chances of winning for the majority must be small.

I'm just surprised to have news night handing out investment advice on national tv.

The only winners are the investment advisers/managers with their guaranteed fat fees! The small investor has too be lucky to beat the system.

Some good talking heads on NN for a change! Some good simple explanation of how QE and loose monetary policy is enriching the top 10% who gamble on the stock market, doing nothing for the real economy, and actually making the majority people poorer through inflation/devaluation. Nothing to surprise the folk of HPC, but nice to know that it's being discussed sensibly on the mainstream media.

Is the BBC pushing a negative agenda of late? We now have the personal inflation calculator to remind us how much poorer we are;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7610430.stm

We've had relatively pessimistic comments on HPC recently. And now they are criticising QE. Are we in the midst of a 'soft' coup? Are they attempting to set the mood music before 2015 and in so doing pave the way for a return of the Labour Overlords?

I reckon they're just going with the zeitgeist. This morning Stephen D. King, author of "When the Money Runs Out: The End of Western Affluence" was on Today on R4 saying there will be no recovery, this is the new normal, we're not even going Japanese as wealth distribution is so much more unequal here than there, and Justin Urquhart (sp?) Stewart of the Red Braces was on Breakfast basically more or less saying we have a bubble in shares - didn't catch all that he said and prog isn't on Iplayer.