House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

The Brand New £200,000 Home That Came With A Garage That's Too Narrow For A Normal Family Car To Be Parked Inside

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2327440/Couples-fury-garage-new-200-000-home-narrow-cars-open-doors-parked-inside.html

'Claire Walker (seen left with partner Andy and their son Billy), 37, tried to drive her Volvo S40 into the garage at the newly built property in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, only to discover it was too narrow (above and below right). Her partner Andy Birkhead was able to squeeze his Fiesta ST into the garage, but was then left stuck in the car because there was no space to open the doors. 'Fuming' mother-of-one Ms Walker claims developer Persimmon Homes told the couple they should have measured the garage before buying the £209,950 property. Neighbours on the street failed to notice the small garage size because most use the space for storage. '

Does consumer protection apply? Not fit for purpose!

Does consumer protection apply? Not fit for purpose!

Caveat emptor.

If someone is trying to get hold of your money in exchange for goods or services you can be sure they will try to ensure they come out on top.

It's funny how in these stories it's always someone else's fault.

£200k for an average home in Huddersfield. THats the bigger crime

Edited by Secure Tenant

as I first time buyer I went to look at house with drive way on side house and front. It was built in the 1960 and is to narrow for modern cars.

I used it as a barging chip to get the price down. Currently I failed as they did not accept my offer but I have no wish to get massive debt.

currently it still on the market a the same price and the tenants say they have had no viewings.

Guest eight

as I first time buyer I went to look at house with drive way on side house and front. It was built in the 1960 and is to narrow for modern cars.

I used it as a barging chip to get the price down. Currently I failed as they did not accept my offer but I have no wish to get massive debt.

currently it still on the market a the same price and the tenants say they have had no viewings.

I notice a lot of 20's and 30's houses with a shared driveway between the "outers" of each pair of semis. They must be the cause of some neighbourly ructions.

£210k for that. Even in this current market I wouldn't say it's worth much more than £160k and realistically 10-20% less than that. However I am not the market and fools are clearly prepared to pay a few notches short of 1/4million £s on not a lot.