House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cashinmattress

Boris Johnson’S Love Child Is Revealed

link

It has been revealed that Boris Johnson fathered a lovechild in 2009. His identity as the father of the child had been kept secret from the public until now, due to an injunction put in place by the child’s mother, Helen Macintyre.

The child was referred to in previous articles as ‘AAA’. You can see Guido Fawkes refer to the case in 2012 (when the injunction was still in place) here:

http://order-order.com/2012/07/25/philandering-politicians-love-child-awarded-15000/

Yesterday’s ruling in the Court of Appeal can be found on the following link. Boris Johnson is not named, but it features the judge’s declaration that the issue should not be kept private from the public on the grounds of legitimate public interest:

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2013/554.html

And finally, a link to the article itself. So far, only the Daily Mail have reported on the actual identity of the child’s father. You can read the story here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2328067/Boriss-secret-lovechild-victory-publics-right-know-Judge-rejects-lovers-attempts-daughters-birth-quiet.html

Following his disastrous interview with Eddie Mair back in March (video here), Boris’s integrity appears to be scrutinised in public more than it used to be. We all know that Boris has had affairs in the past, but will the revelation of the lovechild – in the wake of the Mair interview – only serve to discredit him further?

Also, there is a clear debate about which is more important: holding politicians to account in the public interest, or the privacy of his lovechild? Hopefully the press will avoid reporting/photographing her when she’s older, and she’ll have chance to live her life without interference from the press. After all, the revealing of her identity is just an unfortunate side-effect of the whole affair. But should her privacy be paramount?

He is as entertaining and as devoid of integrity as is Berlusconi.

I'm a little bit disquieted by this.

As I understand it, none of the four principal adults involved (Johnson, the woman he had the affair with and their spouses) wanted him publicily identified as the little girl's father. The girl herself is only 3, and therefore is not old enough to have a substantive view on the subject, but it is more than likely that she won't appreciate being involuntarily in the news as Johnson's illigetimate child, especially if he goes back into government as she gets older.

So, this is not in the interest either of the child, either of her parents or their families. Why, exactly is it in the public interest? Has Johnson been making calls for unmarried fathers to be executed? Not that I can recall. There is no evidence to suggest that he is behaving in private in conflict with his role as an elected official that I am aware of. And while adultery is not something that I condone or would ever do myself, it isn't a crime. The appeal court judge said:

‘The core information in this story, namely that the father had an adulterous affair with the mother, deceiving both his wife and the mother’s partner, and that the child, born about nine months later, was likely to be the father’s child, was a public interest matter which the electorate was entitled to know when considering his fitness for high public office.’

If you accept that, then pretty much anything anyone ever does in their private life is a public interest matter that the electorate is entitled to know about if they stand for public office. In this case, we're talking about something that isn't a crime and which none of the people involved wanted publicised. Where do you draw the line?

If you accept that, then pretty much anything anyone ever does in their private life is a public interest matter that the electorate is entitled to know about if they stand for public office. In this case, we're talking about something that isn't a crime and which none of the people involved wanted publicised. Where do you draw the line?

And hence you end up with inept passionless, bland corporate drones running for, and eventually getting into, government because all the human beings who like a drink... or who have sex... or who tie their girlfriends up and give them a good spanking before rogering... :blink: and people who wear matching cardigans with their spouse... :unsure: or have 43 cats and a gerbil living with them... do not run for political office.

I don't think the argument would be that anything is in the public interest.

The argument would be that if someone cheats on his wife it is relevant because it might reflect on their personal standards of honesty and integrity.

Personally, I think that just wanting to be a politician reflects negatively on someone's integrity. So, if one of them occasionally happens to get caught red handed it's neither here nor there afaic.

IIf you accept that, then pretty much anything anyone ever does in their private life is a public interest matter that the electorate is entitled to know about if they stand for public office. In this case, we're talking about something that isn't a crime and which none of the people involved wanted publicised. Where do you draw the line?

Yes it is if your position is based upon a your perceived 'trust' and 'integrity' to the electorate who pay your salary.

Boris did a scummy thing and tried to hide his marital infidelity.

Is this man worthy of public trust? No. So ends his career in politics.

Yes it is if your position is based upon a your perceived 'trust' and 'integrity' to the electorate who pay your salary.

Boris did a scummy thing and tried to hide his marital infidelity.

Is this man worthy of public trust? No. So ends his career in politics.

I'm not a fan, he is after all just another posh boy who will certainly not rein in the bankers.

However being a sh*gger who lies to his wife shouldn't rule out high office IMO, particularly as the temptations will multiply as positions get higher so many who weren't necessarily faithless sh*ggers beforehand will become so as they rise.

I'm not a fan, he is after all just another posh boy who will certainly not rein in the bankers.

However being a sh*gger who lies to his wife shouldn't rule out high office IMO, particularly as the temptations will multiply as positions get higher so many who weren't necessarily faithless sh*ggers beforehand will become so as they rise.

Well said.

I don't think it'll damage him at all.

Those who loathe him will have an excuse to loathe him a bit more. Those who like him won't change their minds.

AFAIK he has never pretended to be a saint.

I'm a little bit disquieted by this.

As I understand it, none of the four principal adults involved (Johnson, the woman he had the affair with and their spouses) wanted him publicily identified as the little girl's father. The girl herself is only 3, and therefore is not old enough to have a substantive view on the subject, but it is more than likely that she won't appreciate being involuntarily in the news as Johnson's illigetimate child, especially if he goes back into government as she gets older.

So, this is not in the interest either of the child, either of her parents or their families. Why, exactly is it in the public interest? Has Johnson been making calls for unmarried fathers to be executed? Not that I can recall. There is no evidence to suggest that he is behaving in private in conflict with his role as an elected official that I am aware of. And while adultery is not something that I condone or would ever do myself, it isn't a crime. The appeal court judge said:

No offence meant when I say this, but I'm not sure anyone cares any more about who's born outside of wedlock. I for one definitely don't and no I wasn't born outside of wedlock. I kinda wish I was, it might be cool these days!

I am not morally warped or a leftist or whatever, I am just a live and let live person and I think there's a growing number of people who are.

Note my remarks address being illegitimate, not adultery etc.

Is that Linda Lovelace? Actually, reminds me - IMPO - of that actress who was in that Star Trek film playing the whale expert?

The whale girl in the star trek film looked exactly like Elizabeth Shue!

No offence meant when I say this, but I'm not sure anyone cares any more about who's born outside of wedlock.

The readership of the Daily Wail clearly does, or else they wouldn't have fought in the courts to be able to publish the juicy details in this case.

I am not morally warped or a leftist or whatever, I am just a live and let live person and I think there's a growing number of people who are.

Note my remarks address being illegitimate, not adultery etc.

And in some ways I agree. This is not like, for example, the Cecil Parkinson case, in which he tried to wriggle out of paying child maintenance and enlisted the Tory high command to launch a smear campaign against the mother of his child to that end; and when that blew up in his face, tried to supress the fallout with a gagging order. In that case the child's mother wanted his actions publicised, and IMO she was entitled to that publicity. But none of this has happened with Johnson. He made a mistake in his personal life, and as long as that doesn't conflict with his role in public life (e.g. if he'd calling for people who have extra-marital affairs to be birched), it appears that his wife has forgiven him, which in my view makes it none of the public's business.

The readership of the Daily Wail clearly does, or else they wouldn't have fought in the courts to be able to publish the juicy details in this case.

And in some ways I agree. This is not like, for example, the Cecil Parkinson case, in which he tried to wriggle out of paying child maintenance and enlisted the Tory high command to launch a smear campaign against the mother of his child to that end; and when that blew up in his face, tried to supress the fallout with a gagging order. In that case the child's mother wanted his actions publicised, and IMO she was entitled to that publicity. But none of this has happened with Johnson. He made a mistake in his personal life, and as long as that doesn't conflict with his role in public life (e.g. if he'd calling for people who have extra-marital affairs to be birched), it appears that his wife has forgiven him, which in my view makes it none of the public's business.

OMGawd how old am I, I remember the CP case ! How depressing :(