House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cashinmattress

Rip Ray Manzarek

When I read the Doors story he was the main force, no band without him and Jim Morrison would have stayed a drug-addled drifter.

However without Jim they would not have had the success, he had the voice and the songs.

Great band. This the end.

When I read the Doors story he was the main force, no band without him and Jim Morrison would have stayed a drug-addled drifter.

However without Jim they would not have had the success, he had the voice and the songs.

It's not the end. The Doors and other great bands of the past are still getting new fans, some born after 2000, via YouTube etc.

I bought the Doors Greatest Hits album on CD in summer 1999 from the music shop at Liverpool Street Station. Was killing some time before boarding the train back home after our day trip in London. Ray's keyboards are what turned me on to The Doors (of Perception)

A good introduction into the psychadelic rock and then prog rock I enjoy to this day. :)

RIP Ray.

I recently bought the five studio albums on CD from HMV as a boxed set. Some of my original vinyl copies having been lost in a bad thing that happened to me years ago. Think it was about £20. Its a small legacy from such a great band but one well worth listening too even if you were not born when they were made.

Texas Radio and the Big Beat took me by surprise as teenager the first time I heard it. Very original.

Trevor Boulder (bass in the Spiders from Mars) dies yesterday. Dropping like flies this week.

Actually I never liked "The Doors" that much! Still, another one down, eh? :huh:

The End? When The Music's Over, just Take It As It Comes.

Texas Radio and the Big Beat took me by surprise as teenager the first time I heard it. Very original.

Trevor Boulder (bass in the Spiders from Mars) dies yesterday. Dropping like flies this week.

Bolder was only 62 I think. Young by todays standards.

I wonder who's next...

Swapped a bootleg copy of a madness album for an original double tape Doors album in a pub in about 1995 with a mate of mine.

Lost it since (nor do I have a tape player) but what a fantastic album that was. Listened to it a lot through uni and got a lot of mates onto it also.

Great keyboards as others have mentioned.