Rightmove +2.1% Mom +2.5%yoy

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

:lol::lol::lol:

Has anyone got the montage?

Edit: I've just checked my, rather expensive little, corner of the South East on Rightmove, with Property Tracker, and as usual it's a sea of green arrows, the reductions continue here, with some showing falls of £10,000 a month ;).

Edited by Bruce Banner

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Game Over I'm afraid, at least for a year or two. Government has decreed a "minimum property price" and will effectively use public money to buy all property that can't sell on open market. This is the implication of help buy etc. Government ends up "owning" 20% of UK residential property that comes on the market. It's operating in the same way as EU agriculture subsidies, but bigger and less free market. It was the doomsday scenario predicted by many on this forum, though fewer people believed government would actually do it, and I suspect many still doubt that it can really work. Time will tell.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

House prices are on the rise again, but is this a good thing?

Yes, it will get the economy moving

30%

Yes, it will make me worth more

10%

No, first-time buyers will struggle

30%

No, the bubble will soon burst

20%

I don't know

10%

Total votes: 2421

I voted FTBs will struggle, because that's the most likely. I'm not sure anything will burst for as long as they keep rates this low and printy printy to make savers skinty unless they BTL in desperation for an income. Of course, they don't always get that with BTL but on paper it can seem sensible compared to next to nothing on deposit. Here's hoping the madness ends very soon, perhaps the price drops here and there will gather pace, stranger things have happened...

Edited by inflating

HOLA4419

I voted FTBs will struggle, because that's the most likely. I'm not sure anything will burst for as long as they keep rates this low and printy printy to make savers skinty unless they BTL in desperation for an income. Of course, they don't always get that with BTL but on paper it can seem sensible compared to next to nothing on deposit. Here's hoping the madness ends very soon, perhaps the price drops here and there will gather pace, stranger things have happened...

When the powers that be say "jump", do you always say "how high"?

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Well done, sir! I particularly like the idea of an index that increases every month but at the end of the year is lower than when it started.

Something like a Penrose staircase, in fact:

escher2_106_twon_ascending_and_descending_detail.jpg?w=696

That's one of M Escher's amusing drawings! There is also a nice musical trick which gives the impression of ever rising notes, but they are not really!

HOLA4424