House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Starla

Eurovision 2013

Eurovision 2013 live from Malmo is about to launch it's self on TV.

I'm fully confident that Bonnie Tyler is going to bring us home with nil poi. Here's hoping. Coming 17th is no fun at all. Here's an earlier thread if anyone's not sure how rubbish the song is.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=188417&st=0&p=909274078&hl=eurovision&fromsearch=1entry909274078

One things for sure the Russian states will vote for each other and Greece and Spain will definately want to lose. I'm thoroughly looking forward to this Euro cheese-pop-fest. Bring it on.

Eurovision is best watched with the subtitles on. Some of the translations are hilarious, the lyrics are super cheesy.

Eurovision is best watched with the subtitles on. Some of the translations are hilarious, the lyrics are super cheesy.

Agree. There will be plenty of "Clinging to my pillow, is the pain I feel inside, love is the key, dream and believe etc".

The French are off and taking it far too seriously again this year.

The level of songwriting of this Lithuanian entry is hard for me to comprehend. I honestly could write a better song without even trying (and I'm just a dabbler on keyboards and guitars etc.). Bizarre.

The level of songwriting of this Lithuanian entry is hard for me to comprehend. I honestly could write a better song without even trying (and I'm just a dabbler on keyboards and guitars etc.). Bizarre.

You've got to admire the lyrics "Because of the shoes I'm wearing, one is love and one is pain". I wonder what his socks represented.

Christ - Moldova and the expanding 10 storey dress.

That first tune - France's effort - sounded like Bruno Mars's Grenade slowed down a bit with a French singer.

The Lithuaninan guy was absolutely dreadful.

I think Finland will do well with the Katy Perry-esque full on power pop effort, topped off with a girl on girl kiss. Always a cheap trick vote winner.

My OH just described this as an Easy Listening Nuremberg Rally.

I'm watching this, enjoying Graham Norton's witty commentary. :D

I'm wondering who the UK will be wheeling out from the retirement home to represent us in 2014?

I seem to get roped into watching it most years.. Germany and Russia look good bets so far with Belgium in with a chance maybe.. Haven't followed the pundits and apart from the year where Lena won with what was actually a really decent pop tune which wiped the floor with the others my track record on predictions for this has been woeful.

The one that looked like a sort of blend of Ed Miliband and Vernon Kay was cool.

I think Finland will do well with the Katy Perry-esque full on power pop effort, topped off with a girl on girl kiss. Always a cheap trick vote winner.

My OH just described this as an Easy Listening Nuremberg Rally.

Or a May Day parade. Frankly though Eurovision makes me feel more scared of humanity than a mile of marching soldiers accompanied by tanks and intercontinental ballistic missiles.

I'm watching this, enjoying Graham Norton's witty commentary. :D

I'm wondering who the UK will be wheeling out from the retirement home to represent us in 2014?

It's like a "Eurovision Jury Service" for washed up has beens.

Belarus are in with a shout with the votes of the mother nation and friends. Germany did virtually the same song that won last year. Malta, you have to hand it to them with an opening line of "His name was Jeremy. He worked in IT" with a song that sounded suspiciously like a Windows 8 advert.

Who the hell thought that birds falling down from rooftops was a good idea. Complain all you like about Bonnie but imagine having to listen to that Netherlands sh1te for 3 weeks before the contest everyday on the radio.

Or a May Day parade. Frankly though Eurovision makes me feel more scared of humanity than a mile of marching soldiers accompanied by tanks and intercontinental ballistic missiles.

All of which is way less scary than the man from Romania :ph34r:

:lol:

I normally like Dutch chart stuff (some may remember Twenty4Seven among others) but that was terrible, music to slit your wrists to.

OMG Romania...the set looks like something Vlad the Inpaler rigged up

Who the hell thought that birds falling down from rooftops was a good idea. Complain all you like about Bonnie but imagine having to listen to that Netherlands sh1te for 3 weeks before the contest everyday on the radio.

Was it a lament to the Dutch housing market?

it's my life but no white jeans and roller skates? Epic fail.

Jesus Christ ours is appalling! My heartfelt thanks go to whoever chose this as our entry.

Go Bonnie!

Hope it won't be a case of Lost in France Lost in Sweden! :D

More like oh Bonnie ( that was awful)!

More like oh Bonnie ( that was awful)!

Sounds like the UK will definately be 'holding out for a zero' tonight then. :(