House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

frozen_out

A Matter Of Grave Importance

great, i guess we are still gonna have to share with the previous disease covered diners and their sneezes all over the now sealed olive oil container.

Or are we going to get the impossible to open sachets in a basket in even the most posh of restaurants.

indeed, does the new law cover things like moutarde, le Ketchup and le mayonaise?

great, i guess we are still gonna have to share with the previous disease covered diners and their sneezes all over the now sealed olive oil container.

Or are we going to get the impossible to open sachets in a basket in even the most posh of restaurants.

indeed, does the new law cover things like moutarde, le Ketchup and le mayonaise?

A long time ago I used to work in a bar where none of the 'shorts' were what they appeared to be. In all my time there I can't recall a single occasion where any of the customers twigged. Even the characters ordering, and paying a premium for, branded single malts.

If people cared about, appreciated and took time over what they were eating and drinking you couldn't get away with feeding them cr@p.

A long time ago I used to work in a bar where none of the 'shorts' were what they appeared to be. In all my time there I can't recall a single occasion where any of the customers twigged. Even the characters ordering, and paying a premium for, branded single malts.

If people cared about, appreciated and took time over what they were eating and drinking you couldn't get away with feeding them cr@p.

but, having a labelled bottle by law on the table, or behind the bar will make no difference to criminals at all.

Indeed, episode 1 of the Boardwalk Empire showed the repackaging of real product into bottles, mixed, adulterated and new labels applied.

A victim of this scam in the restaurant is still complying with the EU Olive Oil bottle law.

There's a similar story on the Telegraph.

Really this is just a bit of lobbying by the industrial oil producers designed to put the little guys out of business. Consumer benefit? Don't make me laugh.

Given the amount of indoors smoking I experienced in Greece recently, i think the chances of this rule being enforced in some places are...

Slim.

Given the amount of indoors smoking I experienced in Greece recently, i think the chances of this rule being enforced in some places are...

Slim.

I've even seen indoor smoking in Germany. Al Murray clearly has them all wrong.