House Price Crash Forum
bets

Full Structural House Survey Help

Has anyone recently had a full structural house survey carried out and could give me an idea of what is involved and the cost of such a survey?

There is no mortgage needed, the house is close to a river, though raised on a little hill up from the river, and we have noticed quite a few cracks internally. None that are very thick, but would like Peace of mind. Also plumbing issues and electric consumer board and electrics haven't been updated in 30 years also boiler

Sounds like a waste of time then, much better to get 4-5 qualified tradesmen in and pay them individually

Just the problem if they are makeing up jobs as they go along, hopeing to the work from it at a future date

And getting current tenants to allow people to look in every nook and cranny of the house I guess

If you class 30 years old as old, then yes its old

Yes i have seen the river when there has been very heavy rain and the river obviously rises but doesnt get onto the garden and no where near the house

At a guess the house is on top of a slope approx 75 metres away, thats a guess to be honest, but as i said no where near the house itself

No rising damp anywhere that i could see, had a good look behind doors, curtains etc

Its that old adage, location location location, the house itself needs alot of work and when done it would bring it up to bang on RTV give or take 5k

but even me the eternal pessimist thinks that when completed it would be as close to perfection as ive seen, in the area im looking, for 3-4 years

with all the room needed to extend if needs be in future years

Alot of thinking to do over the weekend