House Price Crash Forum

Elizabeth Warren Confronts Ben Bernanke On Too-Big-To-Jail

HOLA441

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-05-15/elizabeth-warren-confronts-eric-holder-ben-bernanke-and-mary-jo-white-too-big-jail

'Elizabeth Warren is one of the few Senators out there pushing to understand why the federal government has created an untouchable class of criminals in America that can do whatever they want whenever they want and, not only get away with it, but also get bailed out when they make mistakes. In case you missed it, I highlighted a powerful video a few months ago in which she made regulators squirm when confronted on “too big to jail.” Now she has written a letter to Ben Bernanke, Eric Holder and Mary Jo White. My favorite line is:

“If large financial institutions can break the law and accumulate millions in profits and, if they get caught, settle by paying out of those profits, they do not have much incentive to follow the law.”'

more at the link.

Warren is one of the few mainstream politicans I'd get out of bed to vote for.Can't think of her equivalent over here.

That is excellent and commendable. But is Bernanke the person whose responsibility it is to enforce the law in this regard? I would have thought President Obama or a senior law enforcement official would be the person. :blink:

HOLA442

That is excellent and commendable. But is Bernanke the person whose responsibility it is to enforce the law in this regard? I would have thought President Obama or a senior law enforcement official would be the person. :blink:

Yes - little point addressing the head of a criminal organisation about how bad his cohorts are and expecting him to do something about it...

HOLA443
HOLA444

Yes - my comment was more about Bernanke.

Bernanke is NOT a member of the Government.

His job is to preserve the banking system and acheive Dollar value stability.

he has failed on both counts.

The PsTB persist with the argument that individuals in these banks are key and prosecuting them would lead to systemic failure.

I dont see how throwing a few hundred execs from organisations numbering millions of employees is going to lead to systemic failure...rather, it would help "persuade" those left to be legal decent honest and truthful.

HOLA445

Bernanke is NOT a member of the Government.

His job is to preserve the banking system and acheive Dollar value stability.

he has failed on both counts.

The PsTB persist with the argument that individuals in these banks are key and prosecuting them would lead to systemic failure.

I dont see how throwing a few hundred execs from organisations numbering millions of employees is going to lead to systemic failure...rather, it would help "persuade" those left to be legal decent honest and truthful.

Throwing? Into jail? Off a cliff? That might focus the minds of those left..

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-05-15/elizabeth-warren-confronts-eric-holder-ben-bernanke-and-mary-jo-white-too-big-jail

'Elizabeth Warren is one of the few Senators out there pushing to understand why the federal government has created an untouchable class of criminals in America that can do whatever they want whenever they want and, not only get away with it, but also get bailed out when they make mistakes. In case you missed it, I highlighted a powerful video a few months ago in which she made regulators squirm when confronted on “too big to jail.” Now she has written a letter to Ben Bernanke, Eric Holder and Mary Jo White. My favorite line is:

“If large financial institutions can break the law and accumulate millions in profits and, if they get caught, settle by paying out of those profits, they do not have much incentive to follow the law.”'

more at the link.

Warren is one of the few mainstream politicans I'd get out of bed to vote for.Can't think of her equivalent over here.

There is no incentive as the fines are a factored in cost