House Price Crash Forum

Earnings Growth At Record Lows

HOLA441

http://news.sky.com/story/1091119/unemployment-up-as-spending-squeeze-tightens

"The latest employment figures show average earnings growth at its lowest level on record - intensifying the squeeze on household budgets."

The conditions for house price increases just aren't there.

I personally took a 20% pay cut this year to get work and I know several people who lost their job and are still looking...one of them is being offered HALF what he used to earn and is now regretting turning one of the offers down.

I predict...house prices will fall. :lol:

HOLA442

http://news.sky.com/...queeze-tightens

"The latest employment figures show average earnings growth at its lowest level on record - intensifying the squeeze on household budgets."

The conditions for house price increases just aren't there.

I personally took a 20% pay cut this year to get work and I know several people who lost their job and are still looking...one of them is being offered HALF what he used to earn and is now regretting turning one of the offers down.

I predict...house prices will fall. :lol:

Not to worry, Carney will be along any day now with another £200bn in freshly minted QE. Benefits up. Pensions up. Minimum wage up. Public sector pay up...

HOLA443
HOLA444

Not to worry, Carney will be along any day now with another £200bn in freshly minted QE. Benefits up. Pensions up. Minimum wage up. Public sector pay up...

This is what I fear. Does anyone want to have a whip 'round to buy him some textbooks so he can learn about money supply, Weimar, inflation, Zimbabwe etc etc?

HOLA445

This is what I fear. Does anyone want to have a whip 'round to buy him some textbooks so he can learn about money supply, Weimar, inflation, Zimbabwe etc etc?

I fear it's already too late. Carney's spent the last five years furiously inflating the Canadian economy and left in a desperate state. There's no evidence to suggest he's learnt anything from the experience.

HOLA446

I fear it's already too late. Carney's spent the last five years furiously inflating the Canadian economy and left in a desperate state. There's no evidence to suggest he's learnt anything from the experience.

No wonder Osborne jumped up and down with excitement when he finally said yes. Just terrific... [sigh]