House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rigsby

Updating An App Apk File On Google Play

Here's the problem.

When you want to update the app's apk file, it won't let you - or at least I can't find a way - you have to start from scratch with a different version.

You initially upload an app - give it a version v1 say. Great. It takes up to 24 hrs for it to publish - but that's OK - it's there in Google Play app v1

You realise you have dropped a b@llock or made a mod and want to upload it again.

You sign the app apk v1 again - try to upload - you can't - it says v1 already exists.

You sign your app app v1a or v2. You try to upload - its says fail because it has to be package v1

You try to delete the original v1. It says fail because there has to be at least one v1 apk.

It's like a circular merry go round. You can unpublish and it's still the same.

Only way I can do it is unpublish v1, create a v2 and upload that. But you have to f@rt around resetting all the store stuff & images again.

I'm on v6 now, and there has to be a better way. I've googled this and found no stuff and Google don't reply back.

Any help would be very gratefully received. Ta.

If you have made a mod then it will be a different version and should have a different number anyway

Have you tried v1.1 or v1.01 and so on? Do google insist on changelogs on this site? Not that the ordinary punter would know what one was..

If you have made a mod then it will be a different version and should have a different number anyway

Have you tried v1.1 or v1.01 and so on? Do google insist on changelogs on this site? Not that the ordinary punter would know what one was..

Yeah I have tried that. You can't have as far as I have tried, a v1a or v1.1 or v1anything, it has to be exactly the same as you originally setup. It has to increment to v2. And a full setup of the app again as v2 and an unpublish of v1.