House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pl1

J F K - 50Th Anniversary

6 seconds in Dallas 50 years ago this November the mother of all conspiracy theories was born, the seed of fake moon landings and Building 7, the genesis of chemtrails and "black helicopters" and every other crackpot theory since have some root in the extraordinary events that occured in Dealey Plaza in 1963.

So raise a glass to JFK and what might have been, instead of what we ended up getting.

http://joehistorian.wordpress.com/2012/04/07/jfk-higgs-boson-and-the-umbrella-man-dangers-historians-face/

6 seconds in Dallas 50 years ago this November the mother of all conspiracy theories was born, the seed of fake moon landings and Building 7, the genesis of chemtrails and "black helicopters" and every other crackpot theory since have some root in the extraordinary events that occured in Dealey Plaza in 1963.

So raise a glass to JFK and what might have been, instead of what we ended up getting.

http://joehistorian.wordpress.com/2012/04/07/jfk-higgs-boson-and-the-umbrella-man-dangers-historians-face/

I'll raise a glass to all those who never grasped that the film JFK was pretend.

The Protocols first published 1903

Proofs of a Conspiracy first published 1798

Malleus Maleficarum first published 1487

Pastoralis Praeeminentiae first published 1307

etc etc

What does date back to the Kennedy assassination is the deliberate and systematic use of 'conspiracy theorist' as a pejorative term; as advocated in declassified CIA memo #1035-960 entitled "Countering Criticism of the Warren Report"

cf. Operation Mockingbird

etc etc

What does date back to the Kennedy assassination is the deliberate and systematic use of 'conspiracy theorist' as a pejorative term; as advocated in declassified CIA memo #1035-960 entitled "Countering Criticism of the Warren Report"

You are quite an expert on the unusual aren't you...... :P

etc etc

Stay off The Internet

UOUSVAVV

D M

THBATHG was, of course, a massive best seller long before the roll out of the Internet.

This material has always been popular, pre Internet, pre JFK.

I've never really had much time for the assertion that the Internet is responsible for creating an appetite for conspiracy theories. No more than I believe that the Internet is responsible for people's insatiable hunger for smut and kittens.

etc etc

Are you aware that I recently outed Erranta as a Mockingbird operative? :P

THBATHG was, of course, a massive best seller long before the roll out of the Internet.

This material has always been popular, pre Internet, pre JFK.

I've never really had much time for the assertion that the Internet is responsible for creating an appetite for conspiracy theories. No more than I believe that the Internet is responsible for people's insatiable hunger for smut and kittens.

I've never heard of any of the theories you've postulated many of which you've clearly found on your Wikipedia hot link trots. I'm talking about mainstream conspiracy theories that everyone knows about, not some sub-culture niche ones not seen outside of davidicke.com

I've never heard of any of the theories you've postulated many of which you've clearly found on your Wikipedia hot link trots. I'm talking about mainstream conspiracy theories that everyone knows about, not some sub-culture niche ones not seen outside of davidicke.com

There was a little bit more thought put into the selection than a mere Wikipedia trot and I've 'postulated' none of them. I chose Wikipedia for my linkage because it is widely acknowledged as a sort of OK source of what is held to be common knowledge.

The first link is to a document which was widely touted in Imperial Russia, Nazi Germany and currently the Islamic world as proof that a certain race is secretly controlling the human affairs. It's been notorious for over a century.

The second link is to one of the two books which introduced the Illuminati to the world

The third is to the manual for the identification of and interrogation of witches. A large part of which is devoted to refuting claims that there was no such thing as a worldwide Satanic conspiracy.

The fourth is to the document which condemned the Knights Templar for heresy and conspiracy. A subject which has been the basis for international best selling works from The Holy Blood and The Holy Grail to the Da Vinci Code

They are all pretty 'mainstream' as far as conspiracy theories go, and chosen because they pre-date JFK and were widely held.

...in related news, this year's Bilderberg meeting of the secret cabal that allegedly controls the world is reportedly going to be held next month in Watford.

...in related news, this year's Bilderberg meeting of the secret cabal that allegedly controls the world is reportedly going to be held next month in Watford.

Hmmm - meeting at The Grove Hotel?

Nuggets Mahoney, Erranta to Aisle 2 please: Poignant symbolism spill.

There was a little bit more thought put into the selection than a mere Wikipedia trot and I've 'postulated' none of them. I chose Wikipedia for my linkage because it is widely acknowledged as a sort of OK source of w

ndemned the Knights Templar for heresy and conspiracy. A subject which has been the basis for international best selling works from The Holy Blood and The Holy Grail to the Da Vinci Code

They are all pretty 'mainstream' as far as conspiracy theories go, and chosen because they pre-date JFK and were widely held.

Seriously stay off t'internet you've peeled back the onion way too much, nobody knows about these weird and whacky theories apart from people who are obsessed with them.

Seriously stay off t'internet you've peeled back the onion way too much, nobody knows about these weird and whacky theories apart from people who are obsessed with them.

I was interested in this material long before the Internet was widely accessible and I am just as interested in why some people place as much unwarranted faith in official narratives as others do in the unofficial ones. The pathology is not much different.