House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
anonguest

Norwich Lunacy

or did it ever leave?

This is being posted in the East Anglia forum also but is worthy of a wider, national audience I think.....

I'm no expert but, looking closely at the floorplan and photos, is this a 'converted' studio flat? with simple partition walls put in to permit the claim of it being a proper 1-bed apartment with separate lounge???!!

And as for the very last photo....what on earth is that meant to convey??!!

Never mind the local wages being quite a bit lower than in London/South-East, or that it isn't in exactly a brilliant area.....what on Earth are they thinking by asking £120K for this!!!!???

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-26418642.html

or did it ever leave?

This is being posted in the East Anglia forum also but is worthy of a wider, national audience I think.....

I'm no expert but, looking closely at the floorplan and photos, is this a 'converted' studio flat? with simple partition walls put in to permit the claim of it being a proper 1-bed apartment with separate lounge???!!

And as for the very last photo....what on earth is that meant to convey??!!

Never mind the local wages being quite a bit lower than in London/South-East, or that it isn't in exactly a brilliant area.....what on Earth are they thinking by asking £120K for this!!!!???

http://www.rightmove...y-26418642.html

The lunacy had never really left Norwich.:lol: Things were looking alright in 2008...but thereafter asking prices went North. Not great considering the below average prices, and Aviva (formerly Norwich Union) gradually deserting the city.

I've spotted this one before. It is in the Golden Triangle (NR2) which is the most fashionable area of Norwich. £120k wouldn't be out of the ordinary for a 1 bedroomed apartment in a period building...but not for this one with it's limitations on the layout.

The garage is a big bonus as parking in the area is tricky. On reflection, I wonder if the Estate Agents have their details mixed up. The floorplan looks like the ground floor flat to the left of the garages but the pictures seem to resemble what the one above the garages might be like inside.

No garage is mentioned in the EAs verbal diahorea so I think it highly unlikely that this slave box 'benefits' from one. Weird that more photos focas on the three garages than anything else.....but I still suspect it's all a dirty red herring.

I don't think that it does include a garage, this would surely double the 33 square meter headline size and therefore be 'included in internal floor area'.

It is completely ludicrous, but probably less than half what it would cost in Cambridge.

I despair.

Another example of Norwich lunacy:

ex council house NR5 £170k

2063_NOR114528_IMG_00_0000_max_620x414.jpg

I grew up in a 1950s house similar to this. This one was rented out at a reasonable rate for 30 years and then the tenant probably bought it for £15k. Asking price now £170k - over 11 times what I earn a year gross and around 7 times the average wage in the area. :blink:

The house is in easy reach of the University of East Anglia and the Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital, which would of course add to the asking price but £170k is madness to me. :(