House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cashinmattress

Mothers Day In New Orleans Ends In Tragedy

link

Almost two dozen people including two 10-year-old children have been injured after as many as three gunmen opened fire at a 'second line' of a parade on Mother’s Day in New Orleans. Three people remain in critical condition following the shootout.

Up to 400 people were participating in the neighborhood festival on Frenchmen Street, situated in the east of the city, when several shots were fired. The incident occurred around 2pm local time (19:00 GMT) on Sunday.

The FBI confirmed that it believed the shooting to have been street violence-related, rather than a terrorist act. Former CIA agent Glenn Carle reaffirmed this belief, telling RT that the violence didn't seem to bear any terrorist trademarks.

“It doesn’t have any of the hallmarks or modus operandi of terrorist groups that I ever worked against, that we know about in the intelligence community in the United States. It seems –knowing nothing more than the media reports – to have been either astoundingly amateurish by a terrorist – and I don’t think that’s the case, or more likely a gang-related kind of violent act,” he said.

BKFz7McCMAATKee.png

What a terrible thing to happen to what are some of the poorest people in the USA.

link

BKFz7McCMAATKee.png

What a terrible thing to happen to what are some of the poorest people in the USA.

Got slightly lost in New Orleans once. Found myself on a dark side street, alone.

Nothing happened but scared me witless nonetheless.

Got slightly lost in New Orleans once. Found myself on a dark side street, alone.

Nothing happened but scared me witless nonetheless.

Getting lashed in the French Quarter and inadvertently wandering north of North Rampart Street and up into the Iberville Projects is easily, and often, done. Not a good idea though and ample grounds to be scared witless.

The treatment of this shooting is interesting impo. If it were announced it was a terrorist incident then it would be depicted as fair grounds for national bed-wetting. The same incident, but designated as the result of humdrum organised criminality, not such a big deal.

I feel certain that more guns coupled with no background checks are the solution to this problem.

Thats generally how it seems to work. The safest states seem to be those with the most liberal gun laws, the most dangerous, those with the most onerous laws.

I heard some guy on the radio last night saying that his family stay away from carnivals in New Orleans as, in his words, there are always shootings at them.

He mentioned something about the shootings always being "on the second row" but I have no idea what he meant by it.

Edit:

Last week I read some horror story in the US about some boy, under 11 IIRC, who had tried to rape and then kill his own Mother. Apparently she had taken away one of his xbox games and he had gone nuts.

I feel certain that more guns coupled with no background checks are the solution to this problem.

I feel certain that this latest incident will be used as yet further reason to deprive law abiding people of their personal liberties and their means to defend themselves.

I feel certain that this latest incident will be used as yet further reason to deprive law abiding people of their personal liberties and their means to defend themselves.

U better stock up the guns and grenades! Obama will be coming for them soon!

He's just around the corner!

And if not him, it'll be Hillary!!

And if not her, there will definitely be another bogeyman!

SO STOCK UP!!

These incidents seem to be happening more and more frequently in the US.

That's because they don't have enough guns and it's too difficult to buy them over there.