House Price Crash Forum
gadget

Enough To Tempt You Back To Bt?

The CEO saying this:

“It tends to be people with houses who are against new houses being built. Someone came round my area and said we’ve got to petition to stop houses being built on an empty piece of scrubland near us.

“I said 'why?’ It’s a particularly ugly piece of scrubland as well. People can’t afford houses. There is land to build houses. Houses aren’t being built. It seems like there’s a good answer in there somewhere.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/10051240/BT-Sport-BT-boss-wants-to-bring-sports-back-to-fans.html

I agree with his sentiments, but no amount of "persuasion" not even ten solid weeks of water boarding would tempt me back to BT.

The real problem he's got is copper ADSL which is now slower than 3G, and more people in short term renting means the typical BT phone contract is now totally unattractive.

Edited by Secure Tenant

I would never go back to BT, service is rubbish and the fair usage policy constrains how much I can download. The say they have done away with download limits but I know people who still get warnings when they stream too much.

His views on building houses I agree with but it is never going to happen until we have a majority government with the same attitude and the bravery to bring in reforms.

The real problem he's got is copper ADSL which is now slower than 3G

That's basically untrue. Even a very bad copper line will do better than any 3G modem most days. And it costs a tiny fraction if you need a non-trivial amount of data. And it won't have an insane latency. My 3G modem needs >100ms to send a packet a few miles down the road.

I think a lot more people would be pro-house building if it was on a self build level like parts of europe.

Ive often been for a development in principle, writing to support it, but then withdrawing support when i find its to be built entirely by Barratt or other deplorable large companies who abuse and influence political decision making.

I want more homes, but i also want to live somewhere that doesn't look like it was designed as part of a dreaded soviet style 'masterplan' or 'urban extension' as everything now is.