House Price Crash Forum
saving since 2005

If Scotland Goes Independent Every Man, Women, Child And Baby Will Virtually Be A Millionair

You would have to spend that to build a navy to protect it. As many people have quoted on here its one thing having the raw materials it is another getting them out of the ground, protecting them and getting them to market.

Edited by Greg Bowman

What simplistic nonsense. The Scottish government would need to nationalise the oil companies that operate in its waters if it was to directly benefit the Scottish government. Just look at Iraq to see how oil wealth does not necessarily equate to wealth for the people who happen to occupy the adjoining land.

Such a simplistic argument. As long as the Scots pay back the rest of the UK their share of all the oil infrastructure costs that have been subsidised over decades then that would be fine.

Same with the Catalans in Spain, and the Basques. Even Franco invested heavily in their industries to keep them onside. They claim they'll be richer as they have so much industry, but "forget" to pay for it. And now they want independence - pay for the infrastructure you tossers!

Such a simplistic argument. As long as the Scots pay back the rest of the UK their share of all the oil infrastructure costs that have been subsidised over decades then that would be fine.

Same with the Catalans in Spain, and the Basques. Even Franco invested heavily in their industries to keep them onside. They claim they'll be richer as they have so much industry, but "forget" to pay for it. And now they want independence - pay for the infrastructure you tossers!

+1

No use having £4trn of anything in the ground if costs >£4trn to recover.

They can have the oil as long as they take RBS and HBOS as well including all its debt. Given that both the value of the oil and the value of the debt are pie in the sky figures.

Doesn't look so appealing now does it.

I'm English and I'm all for Scottish independence. Can't wait to get shot of them. Problem is they don't want real independence, they want some kind of independence-lite paid for (as now) by the English.

I'm English and I'm all for Scottish independence. Can't wait to get shot of them. Problem is they don't want real independence, they want some kind of independence-lite paid for (as now) by the English.

And they want to continue to be under EU laws from Brussels. What sort of independence is that.

They don't want independence, they just don't want to be governed in any respect by London. They'll join the eurozone in less than 18 months and be a mess like southern Ireland in no time at all. Out of the pan and into the fire.

They seem to think they can take all the assets without any regard for the liabilities. This is a monosyllabic view of any further division of the UK.

'This can be 'invested' in blah blah blah blah'

How about just giving them the damn money?

What would Geldof say.

Edited by billybong

'This can be 'invested' in blah blah blah blah'

How about just giving them the damn money?

The statists wouldnt be able to cream off a 'management fee' then. 50% on service delivery, 50% for the administrators sounds fair, dontcha think?

They don't want independence, they just don't want to be governed in any respect by London. They'll join the eurozone in less than 18 months and be a mess like southern Ireland in no time at all. Out of the pan and into the fire.

They seem to think they can take all the assets without any regard for the liabilities. This is a monosyllabic view of any further division of the UK.

Yep, the main liability being if you dont have any nukes the yanks will come and bomb you and steal your oil!

Do you guys read back what you write.

You are coming across as being pretty bitter and nasty. A lot of HousePriceCrash posters are very anti Scottish. It has been like this for years.

If you read posts from Scottish posters versus the English posters, you can see clearly where all the snide, nasty comments are coming from.

I think most comments are actually aimed at the the first Minister for Scotland as he appears pro EU and anti British. I don't believe for a second anyone is talking about the Scottish public.

Do you guys read back what you write.

You are coming across as being pretty bitter and nasty. A lot of HousePriceCrash posters are very anti Scottish. It has been like this for years.

If you read posts from Scottish posters versus the English posters, you can see clearly where all the snide, nasty comments are coming from.

Edited by warpig

I think most comments are actually aimed at the the first Minister for Scotland as he appears pro EU and anti British. I don't believe for a second anyone is talking about the Scottish public.

That's just not true. I'm vehemently anti scotch, got that way through 5 years training in Aberdeen.

The sooner the Iapetus Ocean reopens the better as far as I'm concerned they can ****** off in all their chippy northerness to the arctic circle.

That's just not true. I'm vehemently anti scotch, got that way through 5 years training in Aberdeen.

The sooner the Iapetus Ocean reopens the better as far as I'm concerned they can ****** off in all their chippy northerness to the arctic circle.

I wish Westminster was full of people like you.

Don't laugh! We need more of this $hit, not less. All fuel to the Yes campaign's fire ;)

Tell you what - get enough folk from the south of England to visit Scotland for long enough and you might not need a Yes campaign.