House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bruce Banner

You Know You're Getting Old....

......when you phone up to renew your insurance and Saga are playing Atom Heart Mother as background music :D.

Do you get to speak to a human? Or do you have to get to grips with lots of new-fangled technology that you have to delegate to the grandchildren? :P

Do you get to speak to a human? Or do you have to get to grips with lots of new-fangled technology that you have to delegate to the grandchildren? :P

Nah, the grandchildren ask their parents, who ask me.

I can use Saga next year, but why do all the adverts for products for the over 50s use the image of someone obviously in their 70s or above?

To be fair, they have tried to change their image a bit, they have finally realised that the yoof pogo-ing at a Sham 69 gig and gobbing at Jimmy Pursey is now 50.

When you enjoy looking at websites selling greenhouses.

... when you ogle an attractive girl and realise with a shock you're old enough to be her father ...

......when you phone up to renew your insurance and Saga are playing Atom Heart Mother as background music :D.

The most irritating 'holding' music I have ever heard is Lou Reed's 'Perfect Day', used by my old ISP who took hours to answer.

By the the third time you hear the line 'You just keep me hanging ooooooon'', you realise they are just taking the p***.

... when you ogle an attractive girl and realise with a shock you're old enough to be her father ...

As long as she's over 18 it doesn't matter! :lol::P

Its all relative - however i realised i was no longer 'young' when every time i saw a policeman they suddenly looked very young.

Its all relative - however i realised i was no longer 'young' when every time i saw a policeman they suddenly looked very young.

Yeah, everyone looks so young.

Thank **** for the Queen. At least she still looks even older than me :unsure:

Yeah, everyone looks so young.

Thank **** for the Queen. At least she still looks even older than me :unsure:

But she will be deed soon. Who will take her place !

Worse than that, I was coming out of Liverpool Street one evening and I saw a pretty girl reading a textbook. Well, reading a hardback so ai assumed it must be a textbook. When I managed to see the title it was something to do with police sergeant and inspector exams. I had thought that she was a student.

Worse than that, I was coming out of Liverpool Street one evening and I saw a pretty girl reading a textbook. Well, reading a hardback so ai assumed it must be a textbook. When I managed to see the title it was something to do with police sergeant and inspector exams. I had thought that she was a student.

You post made me think of this: :D

26192.jpg

She wasn't in uniform.:)

Please stop, now I can't stop thinking about a policewoman who just slipped out of her uniform... :lol:

$T2eC16Z,!)UE9s3wDco7BRL7OSo(vg~~60_12.JPG

Please stop, now I can't stop thinking about a policewoman who just slipped out of her uniform... :lol:

$T2eC16Z,!)UE9s3wDco7BRL7OSo(vg~~60_12.JPG

Is that standard police issue underwear??

A couple of years ago,a friend mentioned in her Xmas card that she was now a grandmother.A bit of a shock,as we went out when we were both at school. And more recently,I looked in a shop window and had a nostalgic moment at the toy cars in the window similar to the ones I had as a kid.(Mobile shop,Esso tanker,and an Oldsmobile 88 police car.) I looked up at the shop name,and it said 'Antiques.' :(

The resolution in your age detection routines begins to degrade. Saw a group of young females in sort of matching clothing - couldn't decide whether it was a hen night or a school trip. Good job I'm safely married!