House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gigantic Purple Slug

2K Bathroom Cabinet

Guest eight

According to the wail, the average bird has 2 grands worth of beauty products cluttering up the bathroom 65 jars tubes and bottles.

I have about 2 quids worth of sainsburys economy shower gel.

Let the moaning begin.

I'd sell my wife if somebody offered two grand.

Easily 4-5 grand's worth in this house.

And that's just for me.

Wow. If only they could synthesize the age-defying properties of Himalayan mountain goat semen, that would really bring the price down....

According to the wail, the average bird has 2 grands worth of beauty products cluttering up the bathroom 65 jars tubes and bottles.

Let the moaning begin.

What do you shave with - rocks?

Let the moaning begin.

They must be pretty rough girls! You sound much prettier than them! :blink::(

Yes, that's very likely with the 2K number.

One of my old friends is a raving queen and has probably that much or more of cosmetics, and 100's of bottles of designer colognes scattered about his bathroom.

I won't let my woman go mad with duplicate cosmetics and such, I 'guilt' her out of spending willy-nilly on potions and lotions by reminding her that she really doesn't need it because she's attractive to begin with.

i have about £100 and the missus probably £250. the majority of that though i due to bulk buying the offers.

I can easily believe it.

The smaller the pot of beauty gunk, the more expensive it seems to be. Missus went through a phase of ordering loads of the stuff "while it was on offer". Needless to say she has no idea where it is now.

I probably have under a tennersworth. Although some of that is made up of about 30 bottles of Baby Shampoo I bought from Tesco for about 7p a pop.

I'm amazed whenever I go into Boots at the sheer vastness of the floor space taken up by different coloured stuff women buy to put on their faces.

Particularly so when you look at some of the monsters buying it thinking it might just improve their, quite frankly hideuos visages.

I say this, in confidence, as an extremely handsome man with absolutley no need for such products.

creep

How is telling your lady she's fine without covering herself in cosmetics making a bloke into a creep?

It would be different if I'd said she was a munter without kg's of animal fat and colouring on her mug!

How is telling your lady she's fine without covering herself in cosmetics making a bloke into a creep?

It would be different if I'd said she was a munter without kg's of animal fat and colouring on her mug!

I have tried compliments..subtle hints about saving..its all water off a ducks back...there`s too much peer pressure out there..and they believe adverts too..cause they are worth it :huh:

A few years ago I used up about half a bottle of GF's bubble bath over a few weeks, when quizzed if using her stuff I said yeah, turned out it was about 40quid a pop, ffs, flash bottle but nothing special, just bubble bath really.

I 'guilt' her out of spending willy-nilly on potions and lotions by reminding her that she really doesn't need it because she's attractive to begin with.

I always try that line too, but it doesn't seem to work... :( (despite it's actually true).

Heh - I'm gradually working up to splashing out on proper shaving gear, about £200 on a vintage straight razor, another £100 on a handmade strop... No, still doesn't come to 2K.

On a related note - does anyone know how tesco can get away with their 'along came betty' range ?

For anyone who isn't using this sort of stuff - its a virtual copy and paste of the soap and glory brand (MEGA popular with burds) but at about half the price.

They are not even subtle about it - do they just have really good lawyers or can anyone do something like this !?

Heh - I'm gradually working up to splashing out on proper shaving gear, about £200 on a vintage straight razor, another £100 on a handmade strop... No, still doesn't come to 2K.

Ha! I felt flash when I splashed out £20 on a half decent double-edge razor, but then part of that was a calculation about how much money I would save since good blades are so cheap! :P

On a related note - does anyone know how tesco can get away with their 'along came betty' range ?

For anyone who isn't using this sort of stuff - its a virtual copy and paste of the soap and glory brand (MEGA popular with burds) but at about half the price.

They are not even subtle about it - do they just have really good lawyers or can anyone do something like this !?

Unless you are attempting to con people then can't really see what you can do. If it was called 'Hope and Glory' then there might be a case but it's a totally different name even if the style is the same.

If it went to court I'd imagine the argument would be that people buying one or the other would know the difference.

I've no idea what you're talking about.

Guest eight

I've no idea what you're talking about.

I thought it was just me.... Personal grooming is so NOT my thing. I actually find it unattractive in women too, when done to excess. I despise artifice in all its forms.

Unless you are attempting to con people then can't really see what you can do. If it was called 'Hope and Glory' then there might be a case but it's a totally different name even if the style is the same.

If it went to court I'd imagine the argument would be that people buying one or the other would know the difference.

Aye suppose that could be the case.