House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Casual Observer

Labour Shame

To see the ex-council houses of the 1960s and 1970s on the market for the asking prices they are today, is such a disgrace and a scandal, that it makes me ashamed to be British. :(:(

Guest Alright Jack

Whilst the cold reality expressed in this article remains, a downward house price correction is a ridiculous notion.

Demand for good housing has never been so high and increases inexorably. I wish you all luck with your renting.

Regards, Troll.

Whilst the cold reality expressed in this article remains, a downward house price correction is a ridiculous notion.

I think you should take your wind-ups elsewhere.

Demand for good housing has never been so high and increases inexorably. I wish you all luck with your renting.

Regards, Troll.

hmmn..

Okay.

With interest rates rising.. and with the increase in bankrupsies and re-possesions on its way up...

REad the above point.

Rapid increases in this sort of failure are the tip of the ice berg.

For every person who has faught and battled and lost against economic failure.. there are estimated to be a hundred heading there.. Only in times of increase in this...

You see there are always people failing.. its when there is a surge in the numbers that you have to worry.

and with prices falling hard in my area..

I am £40,000 richer on a property that was £170,000 last year because I didn't buy.

that is a good average in drops on new build two beds in my area.

Interest only loan against £180.000 at 3.5%

£525.00

Interest only mortgage at 4.9%

£735.00

at 6%

£900

yawn...

Regards, Troll.

Wind up aside, it always amazes me, this idea of supply and demand pushing up prices. If you think of supply as the availability of money to spend on a house, and demand as the price demanded, the equation works as you'd expect and prices will fall significantly.

Crikey, don't get me started on John Prescott.

The dreadful homes he is trying to foist on us, all built by the likes of Barratt out of ticky tack for £60k (plus land of course) while knocking down large amounts of perfectly servicable older homes.

Anyone know what the average age of a house in Britain is? With so much Victorian stock about I would guess at 50 years?? How long will one of these new houses last? 20 years? 30 tops. Places like Birmingham were quick to get rid of back to back housing in the 60's and 70's yet today in most of the northern cities they make good starter homes (or at least did until 3/4 years ago :angry: ). Often within a short walk of public transport and shops, your own front door rather than some nasty high rise flat, etc.

The injustice of Local authority housing has continued under Labour because of postcode lottery. Depending on where you live if you manage to get LA housing it may be a council house or a Housing Association. You may be able to buy the council house but not your housing Association house.

My neice bought her LA house in the Cotswolds a few years ago and it has rocketed in value, fortunate for her. My daughter nearby in Wiltshire cannot buy her HA home and doesn't think she will every afford to buy. I do think the right to buy with the huge discounts available was MAD

"A shortage caused originally by Mrs Thatcher's flagship policy "

A shortage perptuated by not being able to build new social housing if you're a local authority.