House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheCountOfNowhere

One For The Tinfoil Hatters

Got to laugh. What next...a printer to produce your own money :lol:

Actually yes. You can do exactly that with Bitcoin.

You have a high risk of blowing your fingers off with that.

The 38 ammo is the sticky point for most folk outside of America.

Plus the gun only works for one shot, perhaps.

Easier to make your own from hardware store components.

Much cheaper to buy a handgun over the shelf, where legal, or via your nearest Bulgarian drug dealer.

Fookin yanks.

liberator-pistol-625x1000.png

you've got to wondr about accuracy as well.it's hard enough to hit something at 25 metres with a sig sauer let alone at 30+ with one of those.

It won't be accurate. No rifling.

Like I said, make your own easy enough with hardware store/industrial supply outlet gear..if you are really desperate:

Ton's of how to's on the yootoob

Wait until the technology gets supersized - print your own plastic house and stick it to the builders.

You still won't be allowed to put it anywhere.

exactly.

hand guns are a waste of time.if they could make a decent rifle accurate to say a 100m+,then wed be talking.at the range they(plastic guns) hit,you may as well stab em with a bic biro

the yanks love their guns.was talking to a yank infanteer a while back and he was telling me about all the guns he had at his home.I asked if he'd hand them in if obama changed the law.

he looked at me gone out..'hell no'....

theyve got their beliefs.

I was a weapons tech in the navy, and saw or shot just about every boomstick, big and small.

And yes, Yanks love their guns. Makes up for their nations severe lack of self confidence.

What better way to stave off mean Arab 'terrorists' in mid state Arkansas, or Oregon, or wherever.

Government gunmen burst into school and spray blanks at teachers in 'mock massacre'

HALFWAY -- Two masked men wearing hoodies and wielding handguns burst into the Pine Eagle Charter School in this tiny rural community on Friday. Students were at home for an in-service day, so the gunmen headed into a meeting room full of teachers and opened fire.

Someone figured out in a few seconds that the bullets were not drawing blood because they were blanks and the exercise was a drill, designed to test Pine Eagle's preparation for an assault by "active shooters" who were, in reality, members of the school staff. But those few seconds left everybody plenty scared.

You have a high risk of blowing your fingers off with that.

The 38 ammo is the sticky point for most folk outside of America.

Plus the gun only works for one shot, perhaps.

Easier to make your own from hardware store components.

Much cheaper to buy a handgun over the shelf, where legal, or via your nearest Bulgarian drug dealer.

Fookin yanks.

Sure, it's a Beta of a Beta but where will 3D printing be in 5, 10 or 15 years? This technology will only get better and I am watching with interest to see where it goes.

Regarding 38 ammo, I was quite impressed that they started with a calibre of that size. Surely it would have been easier to kick off with a .22? But a .22 is not considered to be a serious self defence round by many Americans which is why I think the designer decided to stick to his guns (pun intended) and go for a serious calibre.

Some people are talking about printed food in the future so why not printed ammunition and drugs as well? Governments around the world are going to be so unhappy about this ...

if you could hit someone in the head,you'd stop them.but hitting a moving target with one of those could be problematic.

yanks tend to go for bigger calibres because......thats what yanks do.

maybe cashIM could say whether the calibre of the ammo would likely lead to damaging the weapon.so if they could do it with a 22 round then would that make the weapon morelikely reusable.

It's all about the what the purpose is for the round I suppose. Do you want to kill, or maim, or destroy.

Bigger calibre bullet means more mass, bigger impact energy. The bigger the bullet and faster it impacts, the higher the energy in Joules. Easy to determine using Newtonian mechanics and impulse and momentum theory.

Fractions of gram will make a HUGE difference at velocity. Bigger shell casing means more grains of propellant, more velocity... but not necessarily more accuracy.

All that is balanced on structural limitations for the barrel, chamber, cost of producing gun and ammunition, durability, firing rate, 'safety', etc.

Big means heavy. Faster means hotter.

It's all about the what the purpose is for the round I suppose. Do you want to kill, or maim, or destroy.

Bigger calibre bullet means more mass, bigger impact energy. The bigger the bullet and faster it impacts, the higher the energy in Joules. Easy to determine using Newtonian mechanics and impulse and momentum theory.

Fractions of gram will make a HUGE difference at velocity. Bigger shell casing means more grains of propellant, more velocity... but not necessarily more accuracy.

All that is balanced on structural limitations for the barrel, chamber, cost of producing gun and ammunition, durability, firing rate, 'safety', etc.

Big means heavy. Faster means hotter.

At the end of the day the require for a gun used for defense is to be able to stop and incapacitate. Whether it kills or maims is irrelevant as long as it stops the assailant. Big heavy bullet can inflict more damage than faster light bullet for a given recoil.

Some people consider it cruel to shoot rabbits with a .22. Not enough power for a clean kill.

There is a lot more interesting, informed, if somewhat controversial comment on this ZH link.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-05-09/us-state-department-halts-3-d-gun-production-demands-removal-all-online-blueprints

A few points: The printed liberator pobably takes it's name from a low-tech, single (or at most, a few shots) use WWII gun designed to be dropped in occupied territories to enable the local populace to attack occupying Axis soldiers at the appropriate moment. The idea was that you used the gun to kill the soldier - and then get their gun. The history of this is interesting

Some ZHers think that the story behind the plastic gun is that it is a setup to allow the US government to ban such weapons, or lure TFHers out of the woodwork.

Others think that the publication is more of a political statement, or as the designer is a law student, self-publicity about his knowledge of arms laws.

It seems that there are plenty of simple gun designs on the Internet anyway. The plastic gun does not make it any easier to get ammunition.

Americans also regard gun ownership as a right to protect themselves from their government, (and the right to bear arms is enshrined in the constitution) and that citizens have a patriotic duty to overthrow a government that infringes their constitutional rights. I don't agree, but I do see their point. It's pretty obvious that the US Constitution is ignored by US governments nowadays, but the pro-gun lobby is all talk and no action in this respect. It sounds like bravado. As one commenter said, 'sheep or coward, which are you?'